At least it wasn't Kentucky... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

At least it wasn't Kentucky...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
The one and done factory just won the title, man.
I know but the one that " specializes" in being exclusively a "one and done factory " ( featuring Drake) lost. Lol.

Reaction Score
Both equally suck. Sam Dekker, what happened!!??? (rhetorical question, he was awful last night)

Reaction Score
I'd rather have Duke win it than KY with Cal, not even close. At least Calhoun is cool with K as opposed to Cal.

Also, don't forget we've won 4 with two diff coaches. Let's see what happens when K retires. Also, K tied Calhoun as the only coach in the men's game to win it in 3 diff decades. He caught Calhoun...remember that.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
As crazy as it sounds, I'd imagine I could stomach a 40-0 UK season, than see the rat & Duke grab #5. Damn u Wisconsin, ya had'em by 9 and let that twerp Allen score 6 straight, smh :(

Reaction Score
Tough call. I'd much rather have the undefeated , one and done factory
Derailed. As long as coach K is at Duke he was bound to win another one but I'll except Squids coaching skills being exposed and the hype of Kentucky being exposed if it means Duke won one more. Of course Wisconsin could've done us another favor but they did enough. It's WTF in its purest form. Can we get a recruit already this week... SMH.
Derailing the one and done factory? That makes me laugh. Okafor, Jones and Winslow maybe gone? Duke is now as bad an offender as KU. 17 of 18 McD's in FF on Duke and Kentucky. It may get worse as North Carolina gets sanctions.

Reaction Score
I respect The Rat more than The Squid.
The Squid always wants people to feel sorry for him, "well, we are the 17th youngest team in the country"
The Squid wants it both ways. It's all about him.
The Rat at least understands,"with all the AAU and USA Basketball, they're really not freshmen".
I hate all the flopping they get away with and so many of their former players, but I really hate the Squid more.

Reaction Score
That makes me laugh. Okafor, Jones and Winslow maybe gone?
A side point: As well as Jones played last night, I've got to think he's going to leave now. And that's a major issue for K & Duke, who will be left with no ball-handlers on that roster for next season, and no high-level ball handlers left on the board.

It will be fun to watch them struggle next year, especially since the ACC (Virginia, Carolina, State) looks monstrous at the top of the conference.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
It will be fun to watch them struggle next year, especially since the ACC (Virginia, Carolina, State) looks monstrous at the top of the conference.
I think Grayson Allen has already been penciled in as next year's national player of the year, so they'll be OK.

Reaction Score
Make no mistake, this is a Calipari-style one-and-done team stacked with McD All Americans. Coach K out Calipari'd Calipari, mainly by recruiting better guards. That being said, I still would rather have Duke win over UK getting a 40-0 season.

Reaction Score
This was actually a likable Dook team for a change, Winslow, Jones are $$$, and Okafor seems like a pretty humble kid. And that kid Allen, LOL, have to love his effort.

Reaction Score
I think Grayson Allen has already been penciled in as next year's national player of the year, so they'll be OK.
he's a slasher, but not really a great shooter from I saw of him.

Reaction Score
he's a slasher, but not really a great shooter from I saw of him.
He's a POS. I hope he gets poisoned:

uL8HHmR.png

Reaction Score
A side point: As well as Jones played last night, I've got to think he's going to leave now. And that's a major issue for K & Duke, who will be left with no ball-handlers on that roster for next season, and no high-level ball handlers left on the board.

I think Jones was leaving anyways. But you're right, they are going to lose a lot. If there was ever a perfect time for K to retire, now might be it.

Reaction Score
Gun to my head I probably would have preferred Dook over Kentucky had that been the title game. That being said, this still absolutely sucks.

Reaction Score
I've got four doses.

qFbiJAw.jpg

I guess that's a snappy retort that will get the homers fired up but the idea that you're "certain" we'll get another one soon reflects the entitlement, lack of perspective, and detachment from reality that some people find frustrating.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I guess that's a snappy retort that will get the homers fired up but the idea that you're "certain" we'll get another one soon reflects the entitlement, lack of perspective, and detachment from reality that some people find frustrating.

I think some people on here have lost some perspective due to our tremendous success.

It's such a difficult feat, that when you look back at 2011 and 2014 it makes it even more remarkable.

Do I think we'll see another in the next 10 years? I'd hope so.

To expect it and be certain of it is being pretty unrealistic given that programs that have been elite for 50 years or more have one more or in Kansas case, one less than us.

Reaction Score
Coach K was quoted saying something to the effect that this is his most contented or best title of all of them. How is Calipari worse than that phonyness?

Reaction Score
I was on a Duke board a couple of years ago and they had a thread about top 10 losses. 2 or 3 of them were against us. Saw the same type of thread on a Wildcats board, same thing. We have burned both of those teams.

Reaction Score
Coach K was quoted saying something to the effect that this is his most contented or best title of all of them. How is Calipari worse than that phonyness?
replying to myself here, he said "best moment of my career"
so it was better than his first national championship? an on and on.....

Reaction Score
http://www.wikihow.com/Master-Frustration

I'm a big believer that great coaches, veteran leaders and great guards win national titles (which is how I won my office pool & several other bets last year). While it's too early to call KO "great," he certainly outcoached some hall of famers in last year's run - Izzo, Donovan & Calipari back-to-back-to-back. And he went toe-to-toe Martelli (not a hall of famer, but an excellent in-game coach) in the first round.

In the past two years he's brought in 3 5-star(ish) back-court players, and has also shown the ability to develop back-court talent in his 3 years in charge. It's simply undeniable that Shabazz & Boat showed exponential growth in maturity under Ollie. Our wings last year also showed exponential growth under Ollie.

And this past year, Hamilton & Purvis both improved their decision-making greatly from November to March. I expect the same of Adams.

There are still issues, and this current group of ours might not have enough shooting to get it done (I'm talking 16-17 here, not next year). But from watching 3 years of Ollie, I trust the process. He's collecting the right pieces, and unlike guys like Crean or Alford, he's shown the ability to use them to his advantage.

"Certain" was probably the wrong word. But I'd honestly be surprised if we don't get our 5th title within the next 10 years, especially as our recruiting continues to pick up and guys like K, Pitino, Izzo, Williams and Boeheim age out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom