At least it wasn't Kentucky... | The Boneyard

At least it wasn't Kentucky...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Duke winning it really makes me want UCONN to win another ship in the next 2 years... can't stand the fact that they have more ships then us now after we had tied them just last year...

Only good news is that they are not going to have a good team next year. Okafor, Winslow, Jones all entering the draft Cook graduating and Grayson Allen may now throw in his name for the draft

Reaction Score
Both scenarios blow chunks.

But now that the Dookies have more titles than us again, it's worse.

Reaction Score
I would've prefered Kentucky. Now Duke has more NC's than us

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I can't imagine how you find this preferable.

1. I wasn't alive in 1990 or 1991 and didn't feel that anger firsthand - all I have are stories from relatives and reading up on here.
  2. I hate Cal a hell of a lot more than I hate K.
  3. With Duke winning, the college basketball world fawns over them. With Kentucky winning, the entire sports world would be slobbering (a reasonable assumption given the ridiculous amount of facetime ESPN gave them).

Reaction Score
At least if Kentucky had one the Squid might have rid himself from College Basketball

Reaction Score
I'm with @Stairmaster on this. Watching Duke win sucks, but I'm certain we'll get another sometime soon and catch up to them.

UK going 40-0? We're not going to do that. It would have been waaaaaaay worse to watch such a loathsome program set such an impossibly high bar.

F Duke, of course. But F UK going unbeaten more.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Tough call. I'd much rather have the undefeated , one and done factory
Derailed. As long as coach K is at Duke he was bound to win another one but I'll except Squids coaching skills being exposed and the hype of Kentucky being exposed if it means Duke won one more. Of course Wisconsin could've done us another favor but they did enough. It's WTF in its purest form. Can we get a recruit already this week... SMH.

Reaction Score
johnhuskies95 said:
Bitching about who someone's rooting interests in basketball is so dumb.

Compared to some of the other dumb things on this board it doesn't even rate, but thanks for keeping everyone in line.

Reaction Score
Oy vey. Famous last words. I think you need a dose of perspective.
I've got four doses.

qFbiJAw.jpg

Reaction Score
Tough call. I'd much rather have the undefeated , one and done factory
Derailed. As long as coach K is at Duke he was bound to win another one but I'll except Squids coaching skills being exposed and the hype of Kentucky being exposed if it means Duke won one more. Of course Wisconsin could've done us another favor but they did enough. It's WTF in its purest form. Can we get a recruit already this week... SMH.

The one and done factory just won the title, man.

Reaction Score
Yes, seriously. As a fan I'm entitled to my own opinion as much as anyone else here is. Never said you had to agree with it or like it.

duke has been more of a rival to us than kentucky, i agree, your entitled to your own opinion but creating a thread about it just dumb

Reaction Score
Got to hand it to Duke...they did go 4-0 this year against Wisconsin and Michigan State, their Final Four opponents.

In terms of rivalry, I agree that it is Duke and UConn not UConn and Kentucky. UConn and Duke have usually been mentioned in the same sentence.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
As General Patton would say. If I were caught with Duke on one side and Kentucky on the other, I would divide by army and attack in both directions. Well, as long as there weren't any college officials on site.

Reaction Score
On the bright side, a championship next year ties UConn for third all time with Indiana, UNC, and Duke. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom