At FSU the knives are out for Jimbo Fisher(24-9 )yet fans of UConn are told to sit down and shut up | The Boneyard

At FSU the knives are out for Jimbo Fisher(24-9 )yet fans of UConn are told to sit down and shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Jimbo Fisher is 24-9 after taking over from Bowden, and is 5-1 this year. Yet Jimbo Fisher is feeling the heat.

UConn finished last last year in total offense in the Big East. They are last again this year, and are 110 out of 120 FBS teams. Everyone and their mother knows that there is an offense problem. But gosh, those fans are spoiled brats and should pipe down and rally around the team no matter the play on the field (or lately the drama off of it).

You know what UConn needs? A coach that plays the game to win, not to lose. Better to lose swinging and fighting than to lose crawled up into a fetal position begging for mommy, all the while hoping the bully will tire from punching you before you die. When your coach spends more time scowling and making stupid faces than paying attention to coaching, maybe, just maybe it's time for a change. When the guy in charge of the offense is bewildered that other teams prepare for a run on first down, game after game, maybe, just maybe it's time for a change.

Some believe that just because Pasqualoni is a combination of Mother Theresa and Mahatma Ghandi with a dash of Clara Barton thrown in, that that should somehow provide him and his coaches immunity from scrutiny. Sadly, I enjoy the Tallahassee way more.

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...024/Lamar-column-s-time-FSU-s-leadership-lead

Lamar column: It's time for FSU's leadership to lead

Fans and boosters have been asked to give more. The cost of attending games continues to rise.
The program has asked for – and received – more and more money to hire high-priced assistant coaches and an army of strength coaches and nutritionists and mental-conditioning coaches and on and on and on.
At every turn, the boosters and ticket-holders and fans have been asked to give more – and they have done so with the promise that their investment would lead to a brighter future.
While no one expected that investment to produce a national championship this quickly, the people who wrote those checks deserve more than what they saw Saturday night.
So now the question is pretty simple: What next?
Should staffing changes be made? Is it time to re-evaluate Jimbo Fisher’s job status? Do coaching duties need to be shuffled among his assistants?
Or is it wiser to stay the course and continue to believe that the millions of dollars FSU is spending in coaching salaries and resources will eventually lead to championship results?

Reaction Score
Right, no matter how stupid those expectations might be.

Reaction Score
We have no right to expect that UConn will ever win a national championship in basketball. They will never compete with Syracuse and Georgetown. They should leave the Big East.

Football isn't the same as basketball. UConn has no right to think they will every win a national championship. They will never compete with Florida State or Michigan. They should leave the FBS.

The penalty for optimism is success.

Reaction Score
Seriously, are you just stupid, or are purposefully being obtuse? The point is pretty clear.

I dunno, are you dumb enough to believe firing a coach midseason is good for our program?

Reaction Score
I dunno, are you dumb enough to believe firing a coach midseason is good for our program?

You fire the OC now so that you can have a chance to win, you wait until the season is ver to fire the head coach. You really don't know how this is done do you?

Reaction Score
Which coach? The OC? Yes, absolutely.

I'm still not convinced the OC is totally at fault. The talent level on our offense is.... pretty spectacularly bad. It'd be interesting to see what GDL could do with, say, Oregon's personnel. But we'll never know, so we might as well blame the OC a year and a half into his tenure, I guess.

Reaction Score
You fire the OC now so that you can have a chance to win, you wait until the season is ver to fire the head coach. You really don't know how this is done do you?

Remind me again how many Athletic Departments you've run there hot shot? I'm having a hard time hearing you from your high horse of certainty. I didn't know you moonlighted as an AD, because from where I sit, you just sound like a pissed off fan on the Internet, which makes you qualified to make wild speculations and not much else.

Reaction Score
I'm still not convinced the OC is totally at fault. The talent level on our offense is.... pretty spectacularly bad. It'd be interesting to see what GDL could do with, say, Oregon's personnel. But we'll never know, so we might as well blame the OC a year and a half into his tenure, I guess.

or find a OC that can win with the talent level uconn is capable of currently recruiting...ya know coaching, developing, and playing to the teams strengths more

Reaction Score
All I can say is I don't envy your employer, and second, thank god that you weren't around when UConn was mulling an invitation to the Big East.

I agree that we should have the exact same expectations for our program as FSU does.

Reaction Score
All I can say is I don't envy your employer, and second, thank god that you weren't around when UConn was mulling an invitation to the Big East.

So you insult my job performance? Huh?

Reaction Score
A

Are you also not convinced that water is wet?

Our offense prevents our players from competing at an elite level. There is no surprise, no overarching strategy that appears coherent or acceptable. Every time the QB makes a good play he gets subbed.

Reaction Score
or find a OC that can win with the talent level uconn is capable of currently recruiting...ya know coaching, developing, and playing to the teams strengths more

I just am not convinced that replacing coordinators mid-season is worth the cost. These kids are gonna learn a new system between now and Temple?

Reaction Score
Remind me again how many Athletic Departments you've run there hot shot? I'm having a hard time hearing you from your high horse of certainty. I didn't know you moonlighted as an AD, because from where I sit, you just sound like a pissed off fan on the Internet, which makes you qualified to make wild speculations and not much else.

From where I sit, you started watching football this past weekend.

Reaction Score
A

Are you also not convinced that water is wet?

Our offense prevents our players from competing at an elite level. There is no surprise, no overarching strategy that appears coherent or acceptable. Every time the QB makes a good play he gets subbed.

Our QB makes plenty of terrible plays. Four picks ain't all on DeLeone. Some of those were bad passes. Some of them were absolutely terrible decisions.

There's plenty of blame to go around, honestly.

Reaction Score
From where I sit, you started watching football this past weekend.

No petty insult is below you. If you feel like having a legitimate conversation and treating your fellow fans like adults, I'll be here.

Reaction Score

You're not? Our offense was brutal last year. This is year 2 in his system, and he expanded his responsibilities to include the OL. Our QB is better this year. And yet we've regressed so much on offense that it's embarrassing. This team is not playing to its talent level. We don't have the best athletes in the world, but they are better than the results we've seen.

Fire DeLeone now. And if things don't improve significantly in the next month and a half, P won't be far behind.

Reaction Score

Or promote someone on the staff who doesn't make a bad decision, every time he makes a decision.

If Obama is an empty chair, P and D are empty headsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom