ASU vs. Stanford and Courtney | The Boneyard

ASU vs. Stanford and Courtney

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
is it me or does Courtney look a tad gaunt vs. her UConn days? She looks extremely thin. I know she’s having a good start to her ASU career and this game is a good test not only for ASU but for Courtney to show leadership in big games. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I’m not a UConn follower so have no idea what she looked like at UConn but she looks gimpy and very slow and weak like her legs have no strength. I thought she must have weak knees or something.

Reaction Score
I mentioned on the Today's Games thread that I was doubting myself as to whether it was her. You can even see it in her face. She must have lost a lot of weight. She looks quicker and I think she is helping that team.

Reaction Score
I don’t think she hurts them but being from UConn I expected she was a lot better than she is. Disappointed because I was hoping Az St landed a steal.
Seems like a lot of UConn transfers don’t light it up at the teams they transfer to. Boykin went to Penn State didn’t she? Edwards is doing pretty good for USC. The girl that went to BC was just ok.

Reaction Score
I mentioned on the Today's Games thread that I was doubting myself as to whether it was her. You can even see it in her face. She must have lost a lot of weight. She looks quicker and I think she is helping that team.
If she looks quicker she must have been really slow at UConn.

Reaction Score
is it me or does Courtney look a tad gaunt vs. her UConn days? She looks extremely thin. I know she’s having a good start to her ASU career and this game is a good test not only for ASU but for Courtney to show leadership in big games. Thoughts?
I was at the game today and noticed the same thing. Thinner, but not quicker. Courtney didn't have many stats, and usually doesn't. But she started, played almost the whole game and made a couple of really clutch plays in crunch time.

Here she is warming up before the game. Very thin. (That's Tara seated in the background)

upload_2018-1-7_18-11-3.png

Reaction Score
I was at the game today and noticed the same thing. Thinner, but not quicker. Courtney didn't have many stats, and usually doesn't. But she started, played almost the whole game and made a couple of really clutch plays in crunch time.

Here she is warming up before the game. Very thin. (That's Tara seated in the background)

View attachment 27603

Yet she made two crucial free throws near the end of the game (when her teammates were missing one foul shot after another), and was on the floor in the closing critical minutes of the game. She showed UConn coaching by committing only one foul and committing just one turnover.

Good for her!!!

Reaction Score
Yet she made two crucial free throws near the end of the game (when her teammates were missing one foul shot after another), and was on the floor in the closing critical minutes of the game. She showed UConn coaching by committing only one foul and committing just one turnover.

Good for her!!!
Absolutely clutch at the end. Courtney kept up with Kiana Williams on a breakaway after a steal, avoided fouling her but got in the way enough that Williams missed the layup, then Courtney got the rebound, drove it all the way back down herself herself (she might not be quick, but she's fast once she gets up to speed), got fouled and hit both FTs. Sort of intangible, but basically she took over the game for a minute - just enough to nip any thought of a Stanford comeback in the bud. Great stuff!

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I didn't recognize Courtney either, she is thin, but something else is different....please don't ask what, because I can't put my finger on it, but it is something else :).

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I didn't recognize Courtney either, she is thin, but something else is different....please don't ask what, because I can't put my finger on it, but it is something else :).

Perhaps many arent used to seeing her on the court and playing more than a couple of minutes as she did at UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom