ASU Sun Devils | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ASU Sun Devils

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
One of the two announcers for the game was Patrick Knapp, evidently former women's basketball coach at New Mexico State in the 1980s. Without a doubt the worst voice for broadcasting I've ever heard in my life. The whiskey and cigarettes were obvious in the gruff voice that was as irritating as four fingernails on a chalkboard.
I missed this the first time. As a long time RU and WBB fan, we know Pat Knapp - and not from NMSU.

Knapp coached Georgetown in the later '90's and when he eventually was replaced he went to Penn (I guess Penn thought he came from an academic school, so . . .), didn't last long there, however.

What is he known for? I kid you not - he knelt on the side of the court and barked at his players like a dog. Especially to get them to come over at a time out. I am not making this up.

One of the Rutgers players when CVS took over in the mid ;90's (recruited by Grentz) was a very smart young lady from a nearby town who was recruited by and almost went to Georgetown - her parents told us watching Knapp in action is what made her decide on "staying home".

Reaction Score
Are CTT's postgame press conferences posted online somewhere?
Not that I know of. ASU simply doesn't have much of a commitment women's basketball. I find as much about the Sun Devils trolling the U of A women's basketball website.

A friend and I have speculated for many years that CTT might be in line for the Stanford job. I often wonder about her commitment to ASU. I know she wanted to stay in town until her three sons were complete with school. Her youngest is 15.

I'm sure CTT was disappointed when Tara was quoted as saying she had a renewed energy and could not see retirement in her future.

We are very fortunate in Tempe to have a leader and coach with the integrity and character of CTT. She recruits in a way that reflects her personal ethos.

Reaction Score
Not that I know of. ASU simply doesn't have much of a commitment women's basketball. I find as much about the Sun Devils trolling the U of A women's basketball website.

A friend and I have speculated for many years that CTT might be in line for the Stanford job. I often wonder about her commitment to ASU. I know she wanted to stay in town until her three sons were complete with school. Her youngest is 15.
I think that the TheFarmFan and other ardent Stanford supporters will tell you that Kate Paye will be the next head coach at Stanford. Paye has waited patiently for her turn and has turned down other D1 opportunities in order to be next in line following Tara's retirement.

Reaction Score
Thanks. The reality of secession often fails to overcome the hope that springs eternal from the heart. As a Sun Devil I certainly hope CTT ends career in Tempe and not in Palo Alto.

Reaction Score
Tonight's game against UCLA is a big game for the Sun Devils. A decided underdog against the Bruins, if the game goes according to expectations the Sun Devils will fall to 0-2 in conference. While they have a good chance to beat Southern Cal Sunday they then return home to host the two Oregon schools both of which loom as huge challenges. CTT's team could well be one and four in the conference as we end January.

After this weekend there will be two less undefeated teams in the Pac. Colorado will most certainly lose Oregon and only one of two teams comes out of the Arizona - UCLA game undefeated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom