ASU at goomba splash | The Boneyard

ASU at goomba splash

Reaction Score
ASU with a 2:15 MST tip off against 0-4 American University. While ASU is favored by 18 weird things can happen with both this team and this team in the Caribbean.

Barring the unexpected this will set up a battle of the unbeatens (tongue firmly in cheek) tomorrow as the Sun Devils and the 7th ranked Fighting Irish get it on in the Caribbean.

Coach Natasha Adair will have her hands full this season as she begins to establish a culture and identity for ASU following the departure of CTT.

I know a number of BYers expressed some displeasure or outright contempt for the style of basketball that became a hallmark of the Sun Devils during Thornes leadership. On the pregame show when asked by Jeff Munn about her vision coach Adair indicated she wants to see an upbeat team scoring in the '80s. That may take a while. Although it may be possible against American who' gave up 90 to Notre Dame and 96 to DePaul. Coming into the game the Devils are averaging a little bit over 70 points a game.

Visit ESPN for the game summary of the Arizona State Sun Devils vs. American University Eagles NCAAW basketball game on November 25, 2022 Arizona State vs. American University - Women's College Basketball Game Summary - November 25, 2022 | ESPN
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

Edit. Just found out American won the Patriot League last year

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ASU under CTT was a pretty solid team. They made the NCAA or WNIT tournament field every year under CTT's leadership. They were competitive. I am pretty sure Coach Adair will keep that trend rolling at ASU.

Reaction Score
70-61 win for the Devil's. Ty Skinner's 24 lead four Devils in double figures in a real tough game against American. Skinner who played for Coach Natasha Adair at Delaware, transferred out with the coach and really made the difference down the stretch.

Tomorrow's big game matches two unbeaten s!

Reaction Score
Well as expected the Fighting Irish remain undefeated and may move up a rank from their current seventh and the Devils got their first loss.
ASU lead at the half but just didn't have the horses to stay with a Notre Dame team that really likes to get out in transition. I think the third game in three nights also showed up as ASU has a much shorter bench than the Irish.

I do think that this type of game will benefit coach Adair and the team as we move into conference play. I would have to say that prior to yesterday's game was the high water mark in terms of record for ASU and while there are some nice components here the remainder of the year will be sub 500 and as I said before perhaps even a 20 loss season.

Of interest to fellow Husky fans I do think that Connecticut will match up well with Notre Mame. As I'm awaiting the 11:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time tip off against Iowa I can't help but look forward to next Sunday and that really big game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom