Assuming there is a season, who will have the biggest improvement from last season? | The Boneyard

Assuming there is a season, who will have the biggest improvement from last season?

Who will have the biggest visible improvement over last season?

• Christyn

• Olivia

• Aubrey

• Anna

Results are only viewable after voting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So assuming we have a season, who do you think will show the most improvement? Hard to guess since we don't know what most of them have been able to do over the summer, but it's just a poll for your opinion. Plus, I thought it might be fun to discuss something other than "who will the starters be"...

Note - I left off the incoming freshmen as well as Evina since none of them played for UCONN last season. In a way it's sort of an odd poll since we literally only have 4 players coming back who played last season, but it's "down time", so let the speculation begin!

Reaction Score
Based on being the least consistent of the 4 last season and playing against her brother (a top-10 Duke recruit) this summer, I'm choosing Aubrey.
I'm hopeful that Aubrey does make great advances because based on what she showed last year, I thought she was a great athlete but not showing herself to have good basketball skills .... She's not shown herself to have the ability to shoot the basketball very well but with work, that could change and hopefully will ....

Reaction Score
Based on being the least consistent of the 4 last season and playing against her brother (a top-10 Duke recruit) this summer, I'm choosing Aubrey.
Wouldn’t she have played against her brother and gotten her father’s coaching last summer? ;)

Reaction Score
I see the vote is close, as it should be. I would have picked all of them. Aubrey needed to improve (her offensive game) more than others. CW and Ono have to make upperclass jump. Anna improved as her first season progressed. I suspect it continues.

Reaction Score
I'm hopeful that Aubrey does make great advances because based on what she showed last year, I thought she was a great athlete but not showing herself to have good basketball skills .... She's not shown herself to have the ability to shoot the basketball very well but with work, that could change and hopefully will ....

I remember an early game last year when the announcers said that Geno told her to do those things she was good at and she had a green light to shoot 3's, drive and rebound. She chose not to shoot 3's, not the coaches. I think her problem was that she did a lot of the things that Collier did, and Collier, being a senior, did them better.

My choice for most improved is Geno, at least in the eyes of the media and a few here. He is going to go from reading about how he is on the downside of his career to being the coach of an undefeated team. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Who needs to? Christyn Williams
**During her freshman year, I thought she *could* be National POY during her junior and senior seasons. I had no idea she would not only not make the sophomore leap, but in many ways, she seemed to regress. I've never seen a UCONN player with her abilities miss so many close layups and shots.

**Next is ONO-I hope she is tougher, doesn't shoot layups from her hips, and STOPPPPPPS swiping down for every block.

Who will? Anna Makurat
**Her basketball ability was evident last year. She is the difference maker, IMO.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I'm going with Olivia. The reason - Jamelle is back!!

We all noticed the difference in Liv's play when Jamelle filled in for Jas. Now imagine starting the season with Jamelle coaching her full time. There's going to be some tough and nasty down low!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Evina of course. Anything she does this year will be an improvement from last year. Also, since she will be a starter on day one that will be a double improvement.
Come on JordyG. Westbrook is not eligible for a vote.:p Per EricLA. Also, I think many will not recognize Aubrey because of her improvement, offensively. She will, I believe, show the posters who think she does not have an outside shot how wrong they are. Her offense will be needed this season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t she have played against her brother and gotten her father’s coaching last summer? ;)
They weren't quarantined at home together last spring/summer.

Reaction Score
I went with Aubrey for the simple reason that of the four she has the most room for improvement. Last year she looked every bit a freshman trying to figure things out on the fly. The other 3 have room to improve but we know what their games look like, where as Aubrey has yet to show much of what she will develop into. She may end up having the best career of the four. I really think Paige will have a great positive influence on her game, both physical and mental.

Reaction Score
I picked Anna but it really depends how you quantify the improvement. Is it compared to the entirety of last season, or the last month or so?

Anna and Olivia seemed to me to improve the most during the course of the season - Olivia possibly because of Jamelle, and Anna because she just seemed to relax.

Can't wait to see them all this year.

Reaction Score
I hope it Anna because if she can consistenly hit her 3's (say 42%)..it will open up the court for the others,prevent the double team and force the defense away from the zone. but I still love the 0 for America quip...

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I voted for ONO for the very simple reason that she will have the least competition for her minutes. 1 - 4 have eight potentially very capable players getting minutes at those spots. The 5 only has ONO and Gabriel, the latter of which is reported to be a project.

For a similar reason I think ONO's improvement is the most important for the team.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Great thread. I can't disagree with any selection.

However, l selected Aubury who I hope will have a "Big" improvement. That talked about Sophomore jump. She will need that if she wants to be a starter.

I'm hoping Anna will continue from where last season ended along with that famous Sophomore jump.

Ono. I'm thinking a continuation from the end of last year. . Didn't see a big improvement in her game. I think she will continue to be a foul waiting to happen. Even though I thought she was improving towards the end of last year as was the whole team led by Anna. I'm not expecting a big improvement in her Junior year. Hope I'm wrong.

Christyn . . . ? Her Sophomore jump never happened. I couldn't argue with anyone who were to suggest she regressed in her second year. I think if the team were to take the floor today she would be a starter. If her level of performance, in practice doesn't greatly improved, I see her coming off the bench so a starting freshman can have a moment of coaching befor going back in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom