Assistant Coaches Appreciation Thread | The Boneyard

Assistant Coaches Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We’re throwing around a lot of well-deserved player appreciation threads, and I want to add one for our superstar assistants in Kimani, Luke, and Tom Moore. The game planning and preparation they bring to this team is otherworldly and I will refuse to accept any arguments against them being the top group of assistants in the country.

Oso had 8 points tonight, Kam Jones was 5/17 with 4 TOs after being on an absolute tear over the past month. This is not just our players playing great. I hope Luke and Kimani get the head coaching gigs they deserve but I will miss the hell out of that group whenever that happens.

Reaction Score
We’re throwing around a lot of well-deserved player appreciation threads, and I want to add one for our superstar assistants in Kimani, Luke, and Tom Moore. The game planning and preparation they bring to this team is otherworldly and I will refuse to accept any arguments against them being the top group of assistants in the country.

Oso had 8 points tonight, Kam Jones was 5/17 with 4 TOs after being on an absolute tear over the past month. This is not just our players playing great. I hope Luke and Kimani get the head coaching gigs they deserve but I will miss the hell out of that group whenever that happens.
Luke and Kimani have been awesome-Esp. with scouts and player development. Let's not diminish the impact Tom Moore has had in his own quiet way. He's been there -done that-as a head coach and as a lead recruiter for Calhoun.He's ok with taking a back seat to Kimani and Luke on the scouts but still can deliver on signing key recruits when given those opportunities. Danny is lucky to have him as a bridge to previous players and coaches from different UConn generations.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Luke and Kimani have been awesome-Esp. with scouts and player development. Let's not diminish the impact Tom Moore has had in his own quiet way. He's been there -done that-as a head coach and as a lead recruiter for Calhoun.He's ok with taking a back seat to Kimani and Luke on the scouts but still can deliver on signing key recruits when given those opportunities. Danny is lucky to have him as a bridge to previous players and coaches from different UConn generations.
I know we won’t do this because we want to help Luke progress in his career. But if Kimani is the only one who leaves, Moore should be the next AC. He’s gonna be Dans Blaney when his chapter of UConn history is finished.

Reaction Score
I know we won’t do this because we want to help Luke progress in his career. But if Kimani is the only one who leaves, Moore should be the next AC. He’s gonna be Dans Blaney when his chapter of UConn history is finished.
I think Tom understands that to recruit the best assistants, that title will have to go to someone else. He seems very content with his role.

Reaction Score
A healthy staff needs guys to graduate to HC jobs so that you can continue to recruit the best assistants

This staff is firing on all cylinders. Wouldn’t you want to keep the unit together if they want to stay?

Reaction Score
Kind of a moot point. Hurley stumps for them all the time to get HC jobs, so clearly that’s the intention and goal.

I get it. Professional development and courtesy.

But then I think if Chris Dailey and other great assistant coaches that stuck around.

We’ll see. Happy to keep ‘em here but understand if they want to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom