Asia Dozier named Cardinal Newman head girls basketball coach | The Boneyard

Asia Dozier named Cardinal Newman head girls basketball coach

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
COLUMBIA, SC -- University of South Carolina women's basketball great and Columbia native Asia Dozier has been named the new girls basketball coach at Cardinal Newman High School. Dozier replaces Molly Moore, who stepped down following the Cardinals 3A SCISA state championship this past spring.

1588348271500.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
COLUMBIA, SC -- University of South Carolina women's basketball great and Columbia native Asia Dozier has been named the new girls basketball coach at Cardinal Newman High School. Dozier replaces Molly Moore, who stepped down following the Cardinals 3A SCISA state championship this past spring.

View attachment 53787

Brionna Dickerson, another Staley USC alum, was named head coach at her Alma mater Heathwood Hall (also A'ja Wilson's) earlier this spring.

Columbia private schools getting a Gamecock flair.

Probably in the story, but Cardinal Newman has Highly rated Ashlyn Watkins a 6'3 post who has dunked.

Reaction Score
Brionna Dickerson, another Staley USC alum, was named head coach at her Alma mater Heathwood Hall (also A'ja Wilson's) earlier this spring.

Columbia private schools getting a Gamecock flair.

Probably in the story, but Cardinal Newman has Highly rated Ashlyn Watkins a 6'3 post who has dunked.

She dunked in their Championship game back in March and it bought the house down! She will be a regular dunker at the next level for sure.

Reaction Score
She dunked in their Championship game back in March and it bought the house down! She will be a regular dunker at the next level for sure.

Dunked in another game this season as well.

Hopefully a centerpiece in Dawn's 2022 class.

Reaction Score

Out of curiousity, who do you think Is the best of the S.C. area kids coming up?

I'd guess Fulwiley, though Watkins might be the best bet for high floor given her size and athleticism.

I'm interested by the young girl at Camden who was averaging double double for the varsity as a middle schooler. She's a 2024, I think.

Reaction Score
Out of curiousity, who do you think Is the best of the S.C. area kids coming up?

I'd guess Fulwiley, though Watkins might be the best bet for high floor given her size and athleticism.

I'm interested by the young girl at Camden who was averaging double double for the varsity as a middle schooler. She's a 2024, I think.

Cooper and Watkins are must gets of 2022. Watkins is very similar to A’ja Wilson. But she can dunk off a vertical leap and is very good on the glass. Cooper fills the stat sheet as well though and definitely will be high on Dawn’s radar.

Fulwiley will likely end up top 10 in her class maybe even top 5! I seen her and Rivers go head to head last summer and I hope Dawn can land both because they’re both dynamic and will be near impossible to deal with in College. I also witnessed Fulwiley score 42 points in the upper state championship and 33 in the state championship. She has already scored 1,000 points as a freshman. She's going to be highly coveted by everyone. Same for Joyce Edwards in the 24’ class. Double Double machine and smooth on the perimeter. She and fulwiley went at it in January in a very entertaining game. I look forward to seeing more of that these coming years with SC recruiting both.

Reaction Score
Cooper and Watkins are must gets of 2022. Watkins is very similar to A’ja Wilson. But she can dunk off a vertical leap and is very good on the glass. Cooper fills the stat sheet as well though and definitely will be high on Dawn’s radar.

Fulwiley will likely end up top 10 in her class maybe even top 5! I seen her and Rivers go head to head last summer and I hope Dawn can land both because they’re both dynamic and will be near impossible to deal with in College. I also witnessed Fulwiley score 42 points in the upper state championship and 33 in the state championship. She has already scored 1,000 points as a freshman. She's going to be highly coveted by everyone. Same for Joyce Edwards in the 24’ class. Double Double machine and smooth on the perimeter. She and fulwiley went at it in January in a very entertaining game. I look forward to seeing more of that these coming years with SC recruiting both.

Edwards averaging a double double and looking pretty skilled with the ball as an eighth grader In AAA makes me wonder if she's the best of the group.

Reaction Score
Edwards averaging a double double and looking pretty skilled with the ball as an eighth grader In AAA makes me wonder if she's the best of the group.

Too hard to tell this early. I’ve been watching fulwiley since her 7th grade year (she’s been on varsity) and her upside is tremendous. I think Edwards could definitely be top 10 though. She does just about everything well already.

Reaction Score
Too hard to tell this early. I’ve been watching fulwiley since her 7th grade year (she’s been on varsity) and her upside is tremendous. I think Edwards could definitely be top 10 though. She does just about everything well already.

Fulwiley is pretty impressive.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dozier? Sounds like bull to me.

Reaction Score
Will be hard to get those girls out of SC though. Dawn has been on them for years. They are pretty regular at Carolina games and camps and our coaches are pretty regular at their games. There are times when our whole team has gone to their games. Full court press going on down here.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Will be hard to get those girls out of SC though. Dawn has been on them for years. They are pretty regular at Carolina games and camps and our coaches are pretty regular at their games. There are times when our whole team has gone to their games. Full court press going on down here.

Yep. Entire team plus coaches have attended games for both Fulwiley and Watkins. Cooper has been to and played on the court at CLA so many times that she probably knows it as well as our current players.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Dawn will be able to get most of her recruits from Columbia the next few years; this is the best local collection of talent I've seen in a long time. We had a lot when A'ja was in high school and also back in the 80s.

Reaction Score

JOYCE EDWARDS is the Camden prospect

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom