Ashlynn Shade video from UA Elite 24 camp | The Boneyard

Ashlynn Shade video from UA Elite 24 camp

Reaction Score
I like what I'm seeing - she's the real deal...!
Ikr! It’s not so much the technique as it is the calm confidence with which she does whatever she does. She shares this with Paige.

When teams press her high school team, once she gets the ball in her hands they don’t bother anymore. What would be the point?

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Ikr! It’s not so much the technique as it is the calm confidence with which she does whatever she does. She shares this with Paige.

When teams press her high school team, once she gets the ball in her hands they don’t bother anymore. What would be the point?
Watching her today (Friday, 8/12) in the live "game" on ESPNU via AppleTV. Started at 5:00 pm ET. Such events feature lots of energy and racing up and down the floor like dervishes. She is holding her own. It's not team basketball; it's a track meet.

Reaction Score
First time I've watched her. Ouch in this first half. Eaten alive defensively on 2 early possessions. 3 times the ball was being inbounded to her. and, as the camera panned to the other end of the court but it quickly came back and the other team was making a layup without the turnover on camera. No idea if she was stripped dribbling or passing, but it wasn't good. Also missed the shots I noted she took. Announcers frequently tell stories over the action so I may have missed assists or other plays. Doesn't look to me like she plays well against quickness. My early impression is that she needs team defensive and offensive structure and is more a complimentary player than an alpha. But this is why they play 2 halves and many games before really knowing what a player can do.

Reaction Score
First time I've watched her. Ouch in this first half. Eaten alive defensively on 2 early possessions. 3 times the ball was being inbounded to her. and, as the camera panned to the other end of the court but it quickly came back and the other team was making a layup without the turnover on camera. No idea if she was stripped dribbling or passing, but it wasn't good. Also missed the shots I noted she took. Announcers frequently tell stories over the action so I may have missed assists or other plays. Doesn't look to me like she plays well against quickness. My early impression is that she needs team defensive and offensive structure and is more a complimentary player than an alpha. But this is why they play 2 halves and many games before really knowing what a player can do.
Just my opinion, its tough to take away much of anything in these all star games. Its an opportunity for those kids to show off and have fun given the handwork they put in.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Shade was essentially being asked to bring the ball up as a PG as she is not a PG. To make matters worse, the Breakthrough team was using two super quick guards to trap and harass full court. Shade won't be in that position at UConn. She also won't be facing as many players as quick as Fulwiley but she definitely will need to improve her footwork on that end.

Reaction Score

Let’s get a “Paige” in every freakin post about, let’s say anybody?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just my opinion, its tough to take away much of anything in these all star games. Its an opportunity for those kids to show off and have fun given the handwork they put in.
It’s not an all star game, it’s a camp for the Elite 24 players as selected by UnderArmour

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It’s not an all star game, it’s a camp for the Elite 24 players as selected by UnderArmour
This was only one all star and Ashlynn did not play very well probably because it was an all star game. Ashlynn is going to be a beast for UCONN. However, she is not the type of player than going to excel in a show case type setting such as this where seemingly all the players were trying to make an And One mixtape on every play and there is a want to be hype man with a mic on the court tracking the action. eg, Hidalgo ( who I think is going to be a very good player) attempted a wide open 360 degree layup missed it grabbed a rebound went to the corner and chucked up a 3 ball and missed that too.
I don't necessarily want to dig up the old tired stereo types fearing they might be too sensitive for some: This game was much more street than team ball- Ashlynn excels at the latter.

Reaction Score
Ashlynn Shade is a wonderful WBB player. I'm really looking forward to seeing her on
the UCONN Team and in a UCONN Jersey!! Go Ashlynn, have a great senior season! Z
P.S. Are there any links to this Friday evening game for delayed viewing?? Help !

Reaction Score
Ashlynn Shade is a wonderful WBB player. I'm really looking forward to seeing her on
the UCONN Team and in a UCONN Jersey!! Go Ashlynn, have a great senior season! Z
P.S. Are there any links to this Friday evening game for delayed viewing?? Help !
You can see the replay on the ESPN website.

Reaction Score
You can see the replay on the ESPN website.

Thanks for sharing the link to the replay. The future of WBB is going to be safe and amazing for many years to come. These players are getting decent skill development in high school and in college. Fundamentals of the game are going to get better and better, and their athleticism is off the charts! Love it!

Reaction Score
From what I observed, I do agree that she can make some improvements defensively, though this isn’t the type of game that I expected to see elite defense from anyone. However, she’s an elite athlete, a great passer (a UConn WBB prerequisite) and has a smooth jumpshot. No doubt in my mind that she’ll transition seamlessly.

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing the link to the replay. The future of WBB is going to be safe and amazing for many years to come. These players are getting decent skill development in high school and in college. Fundamentals of the game are going to get better and better, and their athleticism is off the charts! Love it!
Thanks for the link! to all that provided it!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom