Ashlynn Shade article | The Boneyard

Ashlynn Shade article

Reaction Score
I've watched a few of her HS games, and she is impressive. Her speed isn't what you mainly notice, but she seems really resolute, never loses her cool, is really strong on D, and has good shooting range. She seems like the guard the opposing guards would rather dribble away from than challenge. It's not her 'handles' you notice, but when other teams press, once the ball is in her hands they don't bother anymore.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What is not to like here - I mean really like. And she sounds a bit like an old soul. That she felt it in the Werth Center and just about jumped out of her skin telling Geno she wants to be a Husky are telling markers of someone who really gets it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
“Basketball is my life,” Shade said. “It just molds me every single day as a person, especially as a person, because it’s just the gift that keeps on giving.”

This past season, Geno differentiated between kids who play basketball and basketball players. Like Paige, Azzi, et al., Ashlyn is a basketball player. Those kids are the best fits at UConn.

Reaction Score
One thing you can count on with Ashlyn is her work rate and commitment. She probably continues to improve. She will have no problem with our conditioning drills. If she had Paige's level of training she would be a different player and I'm sure she will work to achieve it when she gets that training. I know she's had professional workout support but Paige has a training regimen that would benefit any player. Ashlyn is clearly a 2 way player and that's a huge plus.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I was very impressed by the story recounted in the article about how a big game was won by Ashlynn's team on a near buzzer-beater. Ashlynn had the ball with a few seconds left, and instead of taking the shot herself, she passed to a teammate who averaged 3.4 points per game(!). The teammate "didn't have time to think. She caught the pass and made the layup, winning the game." The coach went on to say that the win "had nothing to do with anything on the court. That was all the work that Ashlynn put into that kid off the court."

That is as impressive as anything that might be said about Ashlynn Shade's basketball skills or conditioning.

I sense the arrival in September 2023 of a potential "Momma A".

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The future of the guard positions at UConn looks to be in good hands.
She's very strong. seems like she likes the contact.
Anyone else get a Shea Ralph flash back/ vibe from that Ashlynn video?

1657221098406.png

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Great form on her jumps hot, and seems like she's very fluid going to her left hand

Reaction Score
Looks like she’s hungry for the big stage at UCONN.
The look on her face says “ bring it”!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom