Ashlynn highlight video | The Boneyard

Ashlynn highlight video

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
In last night's game, offensively, she reminded me of freshman Caroline. She didn't seem lost, she was willing to put up her shot from anywhere and was successful on half of them. In looking at the box score I was kinda surprised that she didn't shoot any foul shots because it seemed to me in real time that she was pretty aggressive with some of her shots.
I hope that we all are happy with her game. I am going to enjoy watching @MJL243 's replay of this game game later today.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
That second play--where she comes across the lane and rises--should be open a lot. I love her pull-up jumper!

Yes, that play is definitely worth a close look. Starts with a strong ball fake to the left, then a hard drive to the baseline. That is cut off, a spot where a typical first year might pick up an offensive foul.

Instead she switches to the left and drives across to the lane, fends off with her right forearm to help create a little space, not nearly enough to call an offensive foul. Does not get forced away from the hoop so she ends up only about ten feet from the hoop. Quick jump stop and good elevation - she is not square to the hoop when she starts to jump, but is square at the time the ball is released.

As anyone who has played knows, that is a tough play for a right hander going left. She did not make it look tough.

All done with purpose and precision, a scorer`s mentality.

Being covered by Becki, a junior also from Indiana and their best guard.

When you see it you sense that it is something she has done in practice over and over and over again.

Reaction Score
Just was going to say the same thing. I got goosebumps hearing the announcers talking about the fist pump after making her shots. The smile is just awesome. I was just happy for Ashlynn. Players need those moments like that to say, "Hey. I CAN do this". Way to go, Ashlynn.

Reaction Score
I did not have internet as I retired and moved to my new address and had my internet hooked up. I had predicted big things for Ashlynn and said she would be on the starting five very quickly. Ashlynn proved this game she is ready and capable of holding her own and will be a great asset to the team. GO ASHLYNN !!!!GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
looks exactly like when she played in high school..........some questioned whether her style of play and skill set would translate at the next level..........so far, so good.........
In the "language" of Basketball: "Ash" translates as " a player' " Go Huskies! Go KK! GO Q! Go ICE! Go everybody!

Reaction Score
I went to the Maryland game with a friend and he was like "who is this #12 and why is Geno putting HER in?" (the game was close at the time).

I was like "well, I've read some good things about her so I guess we'll find out".

By the end of the game he was like "Oh my God! She reminds me so much of Rizzotti!"

She's got a little work to do to get to that level (Rizzotti) but I get the same kind of vibe about her.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The game against Ball State had the best first quarter of the season, I believe that she had a lot to do with what happened in the first quarter. She scored 8 of the first 11 points for UConn with AE scoring the other 3.

Reaction Score
Love the pull up jumpers including the one from the arc. Such a weapon if she can be consistent with it

Note that Hana Muhl, # 1 for Ball State, was the final defender on that full
court rush and basket by Ash. Ash was not to be denied by the muhlish Croatian!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom