ASGR Class Rankings | The Boneyard

ASGR Class Rankings

Reaction Score
Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Interesting item of note - ONO is still listed as the #1 player per ASGR. Collier is #2 and CW is #3. Williams is #1 on most other lists, but not ASGR's. Would be great to see historically who has the most accurate rankings (ASGR, Blue Star, Hoopgurlz or Prospects Nation)...

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Well, EricLA, regardless, UConn has the #1 recruit in the 2018 class.

Also of note, Bret only has 3 recruits for Tennessee, leaving off Rae Burrell. Considering that ASGR ranks players as high as 2000th, it seems a strange omission for a prominent team. In addition, if ASGR considers incoming transfers in their recruiting class rankings, then shouldn't they also include transfers out and early departures? If so, then I wouldn't think that UConn would be ranked first, as losing Stevens to the W stings a bit. We'll see how much it stings this fall, I guess.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Interesting item of note - ONO is still listed as the #1 player per ASGR. Collier is #2 and CW is #3. Williams is #1 on most other lists, but not ASGR's. Would be great to see historically who has the most accurate rankings (ASGR, Blue Star, Hoopgurlz or Prospects Nation)...
Williams is #2 on Bluestar, #4 on Prospect Nation, #1 on Hoopgurlz.

If you combine all 4 it goes
  1. Collier
  2. Williams
  3. Decosta
  4. ONO
  5. Smith
  6. Austin
  7. Prince
  8. Henderson
  9. Nicoletti
  10. Green

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They include transfers who will be eligible.

Princeton, New Mexico and VCU Highlighted in Top 350 Recruiting 2018 Class Rankings | ASGR Basketball

UConn / Bay / Tex / Fla St / Md // SoCar / Ga Tech / ND / Tenn / Miss St

USC, Boise State and South Dakota State Highlighted in Top 350 Recruiting 2019 Class Rankings | ASGR Basketball

ND / MD / Lou / Stan / Fla St // Duke / Miss St / Ark / Mia / NC St
It would be nice to see the actual player rankings for all the 2019s. Not just the ones who have committed.

Reaction Score
In addition, if ASGR considers incoming transfers in their recruiting class rankings, then shouldn't they also include transfers out and early departures?

Well then you should count graduates too.

I have no problem with counting just the incoming players to a roster. You've gotta draw the line somewhere.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Prospects Nation also revised their 2019 class rankings (today!) LINK
  1. Maryland
  2. Notre Dame
  3. Louisville
  4. Miss. St.
  5. Stanford
  6. Florida St.
  7. Indiana
  8. NC St.
  9. Arkansas
  10. West Virginia

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Well then you should count graduates too.

I have no problem with counting just the incoming players to a roster. You've gotta draw the line somewhere.
You don't see the difference between counting transfers out and counting graduating seniors? Usually when we rank recruiting classes, we only consider HS recruits. Some consider JUCO. And now some consider 4-years, because it seems as if transfers are increasing. If you are gong to count transfers in, then shouldn't you count transfers out? What is the difference?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You don't see the difference between counting transfers out and counting graduating seniors? Usually when we rank recruiting classes, we only consider HS recruits. Some consider JUCO. And now some consider 4-years, because it seems as if transfers are increasing. If you are gong to count transfers in, then shouldn't you count transfers out? What is the difference?
Big difference. Transfer in are only counted in the year they are eligible to play-i.e., having an impact on that years team. Counting transfers out doesn't make sense until you know where they are going and when they are eligible. Of course ND has that waiver thing immediately eligible going on so I could understand why you might be slightly confused. :D

Reaction Score

perhaps there should be separate lists.............kind of like at an airport..................arrivals and departures.............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
They totally ignored Saballys sister who will be a freshman at Oregon this coming season. She is a very good player and they didn't seem to ignore other foreign players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom