As Wagner Approaches | Page 3 | The Boneyard

As Wagner Approaches

Reaction Score
Is it the teams or the network? Espn knew how to promote the rivalries in the old BE and don’t forget many of their on air talent went to Syracuse. FS1 is not as proactive in pumping up interest. Perhaps it’s one if the major ancillary benefits the BE and FOX was looking for with UConn. We not only fill the Garden, we talk about it incessantly on all platforms before it happens. Watch ratings go up if we make a strong run.
Someone needs to call up Mike Gorman, Bucky Waters, Len Elmore, Ron Perry, Bill Raftery, and Sean McDonough and ask them if they want to do some UConn games.

Reaction Score
Honestly the.Big East tourney is a niche event. On a 3rd rate network and gets zero national attention.

Reaction Score
Honestly the.Big East tourney is a niche event. On a 3rd rate network and gets zero national attention.
UConn fans have a view of the Big East and MSG that is remarkably similar to that of old southerners for the “glorious days of the Confederacy.” They have totally romanticized the good old days forgetting that our problem is a horrid coach not the league. And if Hurley fails to restore a winning program and we turn into post Bobby Knight Indiana it won’t matter what league we are in. Gamepel and XL will be empty. It will be empty whether we play Georgetown or we play Tulane.

Reaction Score
UConn fans have a view of the Big East and MSG that is remarkably similar to that of old southerners for the “glorious days of the Confederacy.” They have totally romanticized the good old days forgetting that our problem is a horrid coach not the league. And if Hurley fails to restore a winning program and we turn into post Bobby Knight Indiana it won’t matter what league we are in. Gamepel and XL will be empty. It will be empty whether we play Georgetown or we play Tulane.
Did you just respond to your own post?
:confused:

Reaction Score
So you're saying UConn by seceding from the AAC is a Confederate school? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
For the 2nd time in the same thread.

He has no inner monologue

Reaction Score

Yes, that seems about right to me. I'm thinking the Huskies have this one by two or three touchdowns. I really don't expect things to be in much doubt. I am pretty certain (like 99.99% certain) that neither the coaching staff nor the players will be looking past this game so it would appear that Wagner is in for a rough evening.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Did you just respond to your own post?
:confused:
Well somebody had to. Otherwise it would only be...

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Wagner WR #3 was on all the weekend highlight rundown for making a 1-handed catch for a TD in practice. Did not catch any details, but he looked like a good athlete.

Come ready to play.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I was at that game. Navy fans were stunned that we gave the game to them.

We watched that game as a joint UCONN - Navy alumni event. Not only were the Navy alums stunned at the way we gave the game away, they actually felt sorry for us! I'm not kidding. They hung around at the bar afterward and talked about the conclusion of the game. I told them I wanted Diaco fired as soon as he started talking about "exhibition games" before season one. We must have made an impression on them, because they invited us to attend their Army - Navy 2016 game watch as their guests. Apparently they do this nationwide for the Army - Navy game, with alumni groups from both schools.

Talk about great sportsmanship. They set the standard. I have attended games in Annapolis and have never seen any unsportmanlike behavior from the Midshipmen and the Navy fans. I'm sure it's the same at West Point.

Reaction Score
I don’t know Nick. There is the chop block which most coaches consider so dangerous they wanted it outlawed but the NCAA refused for years because Army and Navy opposed it. I also attended a game at Air Force where the Falcons scored late and the cadets swarmed the end zone. The refs threw a flag then inexplicably picked it up. And saw a Navy defender literally sit on an opponent and refuse to move while the clock ran down. The ref signaled TO, but again was over ruled by the Referee who let the clock run down while the Navy kid STAYED on top of the receiver. I give those guys credit but the rules have changed to get better players. And they get away with stuff others don’t.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I can predict, with fair confidence, pretty decent tailgating. I can't say great. There's always a little rust for the first game of the season.
yeah, a standard bumpy-dealing-with-LAZ first afternoon.

I hope to see the same folks waiting in front of the gates to go helter-skelter like the Oklahoma land rush... staking out that space and getting the layout right...

I guess I had better email the crew tonight!

Reaction Score

I hope to see the same folks waiting in front of the gates to go helter-skelter like the Oklahoma land rush... staking out that space and getting the layout right...

Will be looking for the email! Can't wait.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I was at the BC game at Alumni when we drove the opening kick-off deep into BC territory and then ended up with like a 4th and 18 at their 20. Then came the fake kick. No one really knew what to make of it, because it was such a stupid call. I was just sitting there with my mouth open. My wife, who doesn't follow football asked me what was wrong, and I said "I just watched someone commit career suicide".

I think Diaco became completely unglued. He simply was not ready to take the reigns of a program in so many ways. You make a hire like that and you need to own it. Ward headed out before he had to.
So true, then it was Dave Benedict’s problem (who by the way he gave a contract extension to!) - would have been different if the had hire someone else. Interesting to think about all this time later. Mike Leach who interviewed, Pitt’s HC - Pat Narduzzi - could have been fun.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score

LAZ will always find a way to screw up parking in the Silver lots. Lol... without fail, even after 17 years!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well - I don’t know the exact practice schedule, but with 14 days between today and game day and next week being the last full week ahead of the game, I would think the install of the O and D for game 1 and frankly game 2 should be full bore soon if not already.

Reaction Score
Just took a quick peak at Wagner's roster:
https://wagnerathletics.com/roster.aspx?roster=1318&path=football

They're a mature looking ball club.. Between JUCO and FBS transfers that seem to make about half the team (seems that way anyways), we shouldn't take them lightly whatsoever. They appear to be a formidable FCS team this year. I don't know if they'd beat the likes of North Dakota State or James Madison, but they look like they can hang for a little while..

With us still being young, it's a nice early test regardless... Our D (unfortunately) never existed last year (it just didn't)... If we can show a little something this year I predict we come close to covering the spread, if not covering by a few few points ahead (via a late TO converted into a score)..

Reaction Score
The Wagner OLine boys look tall and big.. better hope our D Line comes ready to compete..

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Couple of notes about them and a comment:

Former UConn star DB Darrell Wilson is a coach for the Seahawks. He has been around for a while as a coach in the Big Ten.

Terrance Knighton of Windsor is an assistant coach as well.

If you look at their roster, they use a fullback(have 4 on the roster) and have size everywhere. What we need to see is the athleticism versus the size.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
First play from Scrimmage:
9-9-9 and Beaudry overthrows his target by 15 yards...on purpose.

2nd & 10, but it loosens up the secondary for an inexperienced wide receiver corp., ready to flourish for the next 59:52.

Reaction Score
First play from Scrimmage:
9-9-9 and Beaudry overthrows his target by 15 yards...on purpose.

2nd & 10, but it loosens up the secondary for an inexperienced wide receiver corp., ready to flourish for the next 59:52.

Edsall is running on the first play from scrimmage. An inside run by Mensah.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom