As usual a board divided | The Boneyard

As usual a board divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
We're fine. We have 3 great recruits. No worries. Ten Toes in.

We are in trouble. Losing every head to head battle. Even lost a kid who visited on the greatest weekend in UConn sports. The kid was even on TV w/ Warde. Played with Ray Allen for god sakes.

Truth is we are somewhere in between. Not heaven or hell. More of a purgatory. Did you see our 3 titles? Every bounce & free throw. Did we have a HOF Coach take us to the mountain top? YES. If your 10 yrs old, you may have missed the sweet spot in UConn history. Ollie needs to travel his own road. Hasn't coached a post season game yet. Losing recruits after visits and in home sessions to JT, Shaka, Altman, Few, Cooley, Gottfried, Groce etc. I said last week coffee is for closers & lately we have lots of steak knives. Kosongo shouldn't have left without committing. Period.

This morning we lead, even the Oregon insider said they have work to do. 7 hrs later, that ground was made up and their work was complete. Even the infamous twitter "beg" to Ollie fooled us. After a string of misses, that's what has stunned some of us. How is that possible? Nike? Handler Ro? Why can't we keep up with the ever changing lures of our opponents?

Could we get Cassell in the next 24 hrs? Sure. Devon too. Would it shock anyone if we lose both. I doubt it. Then some will say we're fine, while others will state are best years are gone.

Truth is, I think it might be both.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The RayK bait and switch has definitely been one of the hardest punches to take. But regardless, I believe we have a top 5-10 team THIS year. And when we string a few W's together and break some hearts(thems' not us') the river mojo will flood these lands.

Step 1, compete for cassel and d rob. Let the chips fall.
Step 2, take BC behind the woodshed. Press them up 40.
Step 3, hang 3 L's on the ville this year to remind the ACC they screwed up.
Step 4, party down on Beal. Turnup as the youngins say.
Step 5, revenge tour set up by the committee. Get in line ducks, wolfpack and cuse.

Some of you guys have lost a few toes. I'm still believing.

Reaction Score
The RayK bait and switch has definitely been one of the hardest punches to take. But regardless, I believe we have a top 5-10 team THIS year. And when we string a few W's together and break some hearts(thems' not us') the river mojo will flood these lands.

Step 5, revenge tour set up by the committee. Get in line ducks, wolfpack and cuse.

The crazy thing about it is that all this fury happened with a kid not anywhere in the rankings.

I am not surprised at all by what transpired based on the tweets from him last week which described how he was being pressured.

And the statement today was more than curious. I didn't like it. A kid who was slated to announce his commit overtly tells a recruiting service he's leaning Uconn but there are caveats? That did not sound good to me. If you're on the eve of committing and you're leaning one way, there should be no hangups. The fact that there were, at that late moment, was a pretty bad sign.

U

UCONNfan1

I'm bummed we lost Kasongo. Not sure what happened or why a coach flew out there. Some say it was $. No idea. But I'm not devastated, or even really disappointed. Just bummed a bit. We just landed a kid. the staff is out there looking at a ton more kids.

I knew that when we cast a net as wide and deep as we did that we'd have way more losses than victories in recruiting, but I hope the perception is NOT that we are losing them cuz we are in a conference and it will spell ultimate doom for UCONN. I do wonder how much of that plays into how other coaches recruit against us, and how effective it is. It's possible it has zero impact and we are only wondering about it because of the very wide net Ollie cast.

In a week, we could have 2 new recruits and everyone will say "Colson and Kasongo who??"

Reaction Score
I agree that we're fine, but we also could be better with some of those recruits.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score

While I like a lot of what you said, even as a UConn fan, in no way, shape, or form did the ACC up by taking Louisville. Academics aside (which is the new norm in conference realignment) Louisville offers a ton. For example, they offer an up and coming football program, a rising star young football coach who decided to stay even after big time programs offered him a job, a great basketball program with tons of history, a HOF basketball coach, out of this world sports facilities, a ton of corporate money being poured into the school, and similar geographic location/culture in relation to other ACC schools.

If you take off your UConn glasses for a second, when doing the head to head between the two schools, UConn only wins in terms of academics (by a large margin) and is slightly ahead in terms of basketball success (and while I love Ollie as much as the next guy, he's only been coaching for 1 year so let's not get too far ahead of ourselves), but nothing else really.

To take it a step further, I think Louisville is a better pick up for the ACC than both Pitt and Syracuse. Syracuse is treading nowhere but down in pretty much every aspect of the school.

Anyway, this post is probably more appropriate for the conference realignment board, but I'm tired of people saying the ACC messed up by taking Louisville. That being said, I hope UConn kicks their butt this year! Go Huskies! Ten toes in!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This issue goes away after this year's deep run in March.

Reaction Score
While I like a lot of what you said, even as a UConn fan, in no way, shape, or form did the ACC up by taking Louisville. Academics aside (which is the new norm in conference realignment) Louisville offers a ton. For example, they offer an up and coming football program, a rising star young football coach who decided to stay even after big time programs offered him a job, a great basketball program with tons of history, a HOF basketball coach, out of this world sports facilities, a ton of corporate money being poured into the school, and similar geographic location/culture in relation to other ACC schools.

If you take off your UConn glasses for a second, when doing the head to head between the two schools, UConn only wins in terms of academics (by a large margin) and is slightly ahead in terms of basketball success (and while I love Ollie as much as the next guy, he's only been coaching for 1 year so let's not get too far ahead of ourselves), but nothing else really.

To take it a step further, I think Louisville is a better pick up for the ACC than both Pitt and Syracuse. Syracuse is treading nowhere but down in pretty much every aspect of the school.

Anyway, this post is probably more appropriate for the conference realignment board, but I'm tired of people saying the ACC messed up by taking Louisville. That being said, I hope UConn kicks their butt this year! Go Huskies! Ten toes in!

TV money

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Time to retire ten toes in please

Enough
Not happening! Not even in twenty two minutes. Got a recruit with that statement!

Reaction Score
Why does this board not know how to count? We have TWO recruits coming next year. Why do have the people here keep screwing that up?

Lets say it together, TWO. And we need TWO more.

Two

Reaction Score
It can be 2 or it can be 3......I know Rodney doesn't play for us until next year so I would consider him part of that class despite the transfer and only 3 years remaining......also the staff still had to beat other programs who knew of his intentions to transfer so I consider him to be the 3rd......but by all means let's get 2 more!:D

Reaction Score
Just win baby (with what we've got). Will cure all our recruiting issues. Its the best medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom