As the losses mount, some bizarre behavior from Edsall | Page 3 | The Boneyard

As the losses mount, some bizarre behavior from Edsall

Reaction Score
How do you recruit with 4 games on the schedule? This has to be bothering the coach. It is AD Dave's job and he had better start making some progress. I disagree with Edsall's response to the reporter. That was embarrassing quite frankly.
I’m hearing the schedule is almost finalized and we will be happy with the games scheduled..
Any of you that thinks AD Dave has been doing nothing at all to get the games scheduled for next year... your severely mistaken..
Nothing will be announced until everything is in place.. AD Dave will get it done and they will not be all FCS teams.. once everything is finalized the schedule will be released in full.

Reaction Score
I have no inside information, but I would not be at all surprised if Edsall heads out after this season. I don't think he signed up for a life of rebuilding a program without a conference. I hope I'm wrong, because I think the last thing this program needs right now is a coaching change.

I doubt it

This is legacy reaching. He’s got a profile he wants to knock down & he’s not going to get pushed out - specifically because of the conference status. change. He has always had quirky moments of odd things coming out of his mouth. And yes ... you’ve got to be frustrated & questioning moves when the wins are so hard to get.

But great things about CTB - unlike our respective careers - he can instantly get to a great level once more by beating USF. They get these weekly challenges and opportunities.

Reaction Score
I think you are wrong. He knew exactly how hard this rebuild would be. It was and is a 5 year project. What he didn’t know was he would be doing it as an independent which makes it oh 5 times as hard maybe. And he is not happy about it and isn’t happy about getting asked about it every presser. It is a mess but Edsall didn’t make it.
Spot on bro...

And if it's somebody else running this ship, they'd be pissed about getting the same questions asked too, while going thru a rebuild..

Reaction Score
Load up every damned JUCO and transfer you can find ASAP. Win a few games immediately.

I love the thought my friend, but, unfortunately, that's a world the Kansas State Universities of the world only live in... not Connecticut.. Ain't happening here... Guidelines are different.. Very unfortunate, but it is what it is here...

HOWEVER, I do hope we go and grab a few more JUCOs/immediately eligible transfers who are pretty darn good but are being blocked by somebody else ahead of them on the depth chart at their prospective P5 schools... It's helping other programs.. It will definitely help us

Reaction Score
I’m hearing the schedule is almost finalized and we will be happy with the games scheduled..
Any of you that thinks AD Dave has been doing nothing at all to get the games scheduled for next year... your severely mistaken..
Nothing will be announced until everything is in place.. AD Dave will get it done and they will not be all FCS teams.. once everything is finalized the schedule will be released in full.

So now we're back to the schedule being attractive? JFC, make up your dang minds people.

Is it going to be attractive? Not attractive? What?

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
So now we're back to the schedule being attractive? JFC, make up your dang minds people.

Is it going to be attractive? Not attractive? What?

Well, what time is it and how many drinks are in you?

That always helps to determine attraction.

Reaction Score
2 FCS opponents will be one too many if UConn is going to be playing big boy football.

Reaction Score
2 FCS opponents will be one too many if UConn is going to be playing big boy football.

I would agree only if it happens annually after the 2021 season. There are still P5 schools that play two FCS games @ times.

Reaction Score
Seems highly likely that at least for the 2020 season we play more than one FCS opponent.
I will go on record now, that is a bad move and poor for the fans.

You are looking at 6 home games in 2020, and two are fcs? You can go watch fcs at CCSU or sacred heart if you want.

That is not serving your fans. And I don’t want to hear the “well it is the best we could do in the circumstances.” No one told you to quit the AAC.

Reaction Score
Would prefer Yankee Conference opponents myself. Just sayin' ....

At least until UConn starts blowing them out (if ever). Those games against Maine and Rhode Island were highly entertaining.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

You are looking at 6 home games in 2020, and two are fcs? You can go watch fcs at CCSU or sacred heart if you want.

That is not serving your fans. And I don’t want to hear the “well it is the best we could do in the circumstances.” No one told you to quit the AAC.

Wow, bold position John. :rolleyes:

Who would be happy about more than one FCS game, answer? No one...except perhaps @Pudge who dreams of a Yankee conf rebirth.

Reaction Score
Played in high school and Marine Corp. Never met a coach who wasn't so absorbed with football that the outside world existed only to eat and sleep. Some hide it better than others but that's the world they live in.

Reaction Score

Who would be happy about more than one FCS game, answer? No one...except perhaps @Pudge who dreams of a Yankee conf rebirth.

Well. More snotty commentary from youthful snark

2020 - we should wait until Benedict is fully under contract. It’s what I would do. But you - Exit 4 - are more outfront than anyone: This is a extraordinarily hard schedule to pull together in 14 months. (Now near 10). You look at this Nationally. And you realize the options aren’t good.

Army plays 2 FCS. So there’s one thought. UMass had about 2 years before they had to create a 12 game schedule on the fly.

My POV - as we see Delaware & Towson play FBS to tough finishes - is let’s have 12 competitive games in 2020. I frankly have little interest in two NM State games or South Alabama or Texas State v a regionally solid FCS. It’s not heartburn I get.

Reaction Score

Lol. I think some people will take a look at it and say one year is fine because hoops is in Big East. I can’t ask my season ticket holders to pay for 2 FCS games.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Lol. I think some people will take a look at it and say one year is fine because hoops is in Big East. I can’t ask my season ticket holders to pay for 2 FCS games.
Season ticket holders on your mind? Ha - the swing on ticket ticket holders will be whether or not we manage to get to a three win season rather than schedule quality. Anything short of three wins and the season ticket base shrinks again in 2020 regardless of the schedule quality.

Reaction Score
Which gets you back to Edsall’s behavior - this USF game is a big one. Win 4 or 5, his pitch is easier. Even if the schedule is sketchy.

Reaction Score
I doubt it

This is legacy reaching. He’s got a profile he wants to knock down & he’s not going to get pushed out - specifically because of the conference status. change. He has always had quirky moments of odd things coming out of his mouth. And yes ... you’ve got to be frustrated & questioning moves when the wins are so hard to get.

But great things about CTB - unlike our respective careers - he can instantly get to a great level once more by beating USF. They get these weekly challenges and opportunities.

I hope you're right Pudge, and you very well may be.

Edsall is quirky and show me a coach who isn't. They live in a fishbowl with 20 year olds throwing their careers around. Sounds a bit stressful to me.

Reaction Score

UConn has to keep the long-term goal of getting into the ACC or B10 in mind. It cannot play a Central CT type schedule even in the first year. It is going to be hard as an independent -- no question about it. But as the team continues to improve -- which has already begun -- we can reach to the top levels of competition again.

Reaction Score
Randy is a good and decent guy who with UConn’s exit from the AAC now finds himself in an impossible situation of attempting to be competitive as a football Independent.

It is only a matter of time before UConn stops the financial losses and moves its football to FCS.

Reaction Score
Regarding schedule, in addition to Yankee Conference opponents, I would not mind a game with Yale. Just sayin' ....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom