"As long as you have UCONN on your chest you can do anything" | The Boneyard

"As long as you have UCONN on your chest you can do anything"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did I hear that right? Could have sworn Coach Ollie saying that in the post game comments of tonight's thrilling victory over Cincy and even if he didn't I'm sure he meant it.
Yes he did say something to that effect. KO is a special guy.

Reaction Score
It isn't a put on; it's totally real. KO is an honest guy who loves UConn and knows the game. I didn't like JC's non stop torrent of profanity, but that was the honest JC. I think they are more alike than most fans appreciate.

Reaction Score
That is totally honest; KO is very sure of who he is without any apologies. I winced a little at JC's constant torrent of profanity, but that was totally honest JC. I think these two coaches are much more alike where it matters than most fans understand. KO and JC don't seem to have any problems with inter personal relations. Think about why JC wanted KO to be his successor, and while you are at it, think about why KO
wanted the UConn head coaching job so much.

Reaction Score
Not a big fan of the god stuff though.
I don't get why people have a problem with this. How does his faith have any affect on you? It's not like hes screaming into the mic telling everyone to go read a bible or burn in hell. He's not jamming it down anyone's throat, he just thanks god and keeps it moving. Which pretty much every NFL and NBA players do after big games

Reaction Score
I don't get why people have a problem with this. How does his faith have any affect on you? It's not like hes screaming into the mic telling everyone to go read a bible or burn in hell. He's not jamming it down anyone's throat, he just thanks god and keeps it moving. Which pretty much every NFL and NBA players do after big games
Great post.

Reaction Score
Not a big fan of the god stuff though.
You got to respect a man that stands by his conviction and principles. Its not like he's having church before/after practices. Or being preachy about it.

He's been blessed vocationally and financially, and it wasn't solely on his physical abilities. He simply can't forget that, so I understand where he's coming from.

Trust me, many parents especially single mothers of recruits love this kind of talk. Its his character and whether one is an atheist or some other religion, a principled man is an honorable man.

JC was a father figure, Ollie is a role model. We are very fortunate to have both.

Reaction Score
In the short time he's been HC, he's already come up with some tremendous quotes.

Reaction Score
blah blah blah. Ollie can't coach. DD is soft. Boatwright should be benched. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Comments like that make me wonder why people are at all concerned about Ollie bolting for the NBA.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I agree. In these matters I would probably be best described as a militant atheist, but KO is a great guy, doesn't seem like he wants to force his beliefs on me, and genuinely cares about his players. We may have very little in common in terms of metaphysical philosophy, but the end product of his belief system and experience is a great man and teacher. I have nothing but respect for him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If god helps him recruit, he can proselytize all he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom