As I’ve been saying... Cuse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

As I’ve been saying... Cuse

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Oh UConn’s been bad too, but I would be willing to bet that, if given the choice between UConn’s 2010-2021 or Syracuse’s 2010-2021 and current trajectory, a vast majority of people, including Syracuse fans, would choose UConn.

bUt MuH coNFeRenCe

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
they made the sweet 16. we got punted in the first round.
Doesn’t mean I have to like them. Or even respect them. Some teams can’t handle zone. But they finish very low in the ACC every year and let’s face it probably shouldn’t have made the tournament. It’s not venom.

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
I became a big east fan when Cliff joined UConn. And we aspired to compete with Syracuse and St Johns and G'town. And I thought 'cuse and their fast up and down the court game was something to look up to. They were really fun to watch when we weren't even an NIT team.

I really dislike the nosepicker these days. But i just don't get the obsession. It's like a weird inferiority complex with some UConn fans that I just don't get. And yeah, I watched the 6 OT game, with my sick daughter in my lap which made it even better. Like it or not, the fruits are OBE family in my mind, good or bad. It's the venom for them i just don't really understand.
Family yes, but not family that I respect or like CURRENTLY. If I was alive during the time you speak about I don’t think my point of view on the orange would change. I would simply remember that there was a time they were respectable. In my opinion they aren’t right now. They are definitely trending in the wrong direction even with 2 tourney wins a few times

Reaction Score
Try reading this without laughing. A dynasty like Boehiem’s will never be witnessed again! Lol!
View attachment 66468

Listen, I don't like 'Cuse and I think Boeheim is a , but he's been coaching the same school for 45 years, 40 of which he has won 20 games and he's never had a losing season. That is a dynasty and I don't think we will ever seen another coach have that longevity and ratio again. It's easy to pile on with everything that's happened, but he's obviously been a legendary coach with some incredible teams.

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
Listen, I don't like 'Cuse and I think Boeheim is a , but he's been coaching the same school for 45 years, 40 of which he has won 20 games and he's never had a losing season. That is a dynasty and I don't think we will ever seen another coach have that longevity and ratio again. It's easy to pile on with everything that's happened, but he's obviously been a legendary coach with some incredible teams.
All true but a dynasty usually includes more than one chip.

Reaction Score
Cuse has consistently been pretty good. UConn has either been good or not from season to season with greater top success. Both programs have diminished since 2015.

Reaction Score
Looks like they are trying to stem the bleeding. They just got Symir Torrence from Marquette.
Apparently, his new role will be to sit quietly behind JGIII and wait for his playing time.

1617208287722.png

Reaction Score
All true but a dynasty usually includes more than one chip.

Legacy would have been a much better choice of words... Regardless, this is ending the way most long-time coaching runs do. It always gets old at some point. But as much as I dislike them and him, you've got to give credit where it's due. Being a consistent 20+ win team for 40+ years is an amazing run.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
you have to win to be a dynasty

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
is Kansas winning 12 regular season conference titles a dynasty or is Syracuse only having two conference titles in 2010 and 2010 a dynasty?

Reaction Score
you have to win to be a dynasty

I guess "win" needs to be defined. Cuse only won a single title. However, "dynasty" is highly subjective, imo. I view it as both a short dominant run ala the Cowboys/Yankees in the 90s but also a prolonged period of excellence. The dictionary even defines it that way --> "sports franchise which has a prolonged run of successful seasons."

But I get the dynastic concept that we focus on more is multiple titles in a period of time. Change the word to legacy if you want. My whole point is that the dude, regardless if we like him or not, has never had a losing season and most years 'Cuse has been a contender. For 45 years. And, looking at their history, JB has won or tied for 10 conference titles. Again, does that qualify as "dynasty" in your book? Probably not. But, we'll never see another coach lead the same school for 45 years and win 20+ games almost 90% of the time.

Reaction Score
I’ll bump it again cuz it should be seen. You can’t call yourself a fan if you are talking all that BS about cuse. They are sooooo weak. They can’t climb the ACC even though it’s not so great, zone is for cowards, and Boeheim picks his nose and is really old. The program will be irrelevant real quick. Stop with the “oH tHeY r BUilT fOr mARcH” ?. Please. We may not play them anymore but it’s a rivalry and you can’t talk like that about a rival.

Another Cuse thread. Wow

Reaction Score
Another Cuse thread. Wow

This. Liking them or not is really beside the point. How about just being realistic and giving credit where it’s due because the facts speak for themselves.
It’s creepy to talk smack about that program while ours hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire the last 6 years. Some of our fanbase act like we’re Rutgers or PC trying to get noticed by the former hot chick who’s lost her fastball, but we’re still trying to get her attention. C u ck Fuse. That is all.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom