As bad as the coaches have been | The Boneyard

As bad as the coaches have been

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the players need to take a big helping of blame too. The lines were terrible on both sides. The defense has been totally lackluster for a few weeks now, and couldn't stop much of anything.

The only positive for me has been the slight improvement in o-line pass blocking... as long as no one blitzes.

Strategy was beyond predictable. New blood needed, on the sidelines and the field. We'd be lucky to get a Yankee Conference invite.

Reaction Score
Come on it's pretty freaking clear they have given up because there is absolutely no plan and zero confidence, the coaching staff has completely neutered the entire team, now I'm worried players are going to start getting hurt left and right. Fire the entire staff now.

Reaction Score
You think maybe they feel the same way about the coaches as most of us do and are not playing up to their ability?

I do.

We are playing worse week to week. Not better. That's coaching.
Sorry, pride alone would account for something... don't need coaching for that.

Reaction Score
unfortunately pride can't make up for a scheme that allows opposing DC to send free blitzers up the middle on back-to-back plays

Reaction Score
I kind of feel bad for the coaches. They wanted to succeed. They just couldn't put it together.

Reaction Score
unfortunately pride can't make up for a scheme that allows opposing DC to send free blitzers up the middle on back-to-back plays
Pride keeps you from quitting. You tell me whether we quit or not.

Reaction Score
Come on it's pretty freaking clear they have given up because there is absolutely no plan and zero confidence, the coaching staff has completely neutered the entire team, now I'm worried players are going to start getting hurt left and right. Fire the entire staff now.

And hire a HC who can recruit at a level where many of these players wouldn't be offered by UConn. College athletics is all about recruiting.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Pride keeps you from quitting. You tell me whether we quit or not.

More to the point, does P have any chance of turning it around? Or do you want to give him three more years so he has "his guys"?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
One word for the effort from both the coaching staff and players.......Disgusting.

Reaction Score
Sorry, pride alone would account for something... don't need coaching for that.

It was 13-10 at halftime. They weren't playing great but were still in the game.

They didn't lose because a lack of pride.

Reaction Score
In order to have pride you need to believe what you are doing has a chance at succeeding. You need to respect your leaders and want to fight to the death for them.

This team has no respect for any of the coaches at this point.

You can't play for pride when you are not given the tools to succeed.

We will be what SU was the last 7 years if Warde does not act by the end of the year

Reaction Score
Blaming this on pride is very shortsighted. The players quit because a lack of pride down 13-10 at halftime? Huh?

Pride doesn't prevent despair. And when you have despair, pride won't improve your effort.

Reaction Score
In order to have pride you need to believe what you are doing has a chance at succeeding. You need to respect your leaders and want to fight to the death for them.

We will be what SU was the last 7 years if Warde does not act by the end of the year

This. This. A million times this.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Every FecundityING game this year, we come out after half, and fall apart.

I'm sick of it.
We started to fall apart shortly before halftime. That TD drive we gave up in the final minute of the second quarter killed us. The second half was just them pissing on our grave.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Exactly!!!!!

Reaction Score
More to the point, does P have any chance of turning it around? Or do you want to give him three more years so he has "his guys"?
No. I think he's gone. I'll be sorry to see some others go (as I expect a total turnover), but they just didn't have the right stuff to connect. DB was a novelty, but that defense hasn't even got close to a qb in weeks.

Reaction Score
If players didn't have to sit out a year for another D-1 season, many would have left. Many players on O cannot stand that "miserable little P***k" who calls the plays and coaches like a tyrant--without the pedigree to deserve, or command, any respect. Re-read what Sportsart said. He is wise.

Reaction Score
the players need to take a big helping of blame too. The lines were terrible on both sides. The defense has been totally lackluster for a few weeks now, and couldn't stop much of anything.

The only positive for me has been the slight improvement in o-line pass blocking... as long as no one blitzes.

Strategy was beyond predictable. New blood needed, on the sidelines and the field. We'd be lucky to get a Yankee Conference invite.

This is the worst Line and offense I've ever seen and who is in charge of both Deleone I say stop blaming the players and send the coaches packing! TONIGHT!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom