Articles on Dorka [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Articles on Dorka [merged thread]

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great article but besides the skill development which may push her into serious WNBA contention, I think (JMO) she also wanted to go to UConn because it is the blue ribbon standard in Eastern Europe and that could help immensely in international offers.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I expected to be blocked from the article, but I hit the link and read the article with no problem. Go figure.

I'm impressed with Dorka and she has this directness in her answers that is refreshing. If she delivers to her capability the front court is going to deliver the way it hasn't in years.

I really enjoyed this observation of hers:

“I have a really good feeling about this team. Nobody wants to lose. I feel like that’s very dangerous. Even when we just play pickup, it’s so competitive. It’s not, ‘Oh, we’ll just play.’ Everybody wants to win.”

Reaction Score
I could not read the article in INCOGNITO mode. I used quick & dirty method. I clicked on the provided link. When the article was displayed; I quickly clicked next to the first letter of the title hold the mouse button down I moved my cursor down to the bottom of the screen. When I saw the last line of the article, I released the mouse button. Quickly I copied the highlighted portion and pasted into an Open Office text page. You could use MS-WORD. It is dirty because ads as well as text get copied. BUT I can read the entire article. You only have a few seconds to do this before the article is blocked.
Well...there's nothing like a "work around"...glad it did the job!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Another Dorka Article

Juhász hopes to make difference for UConn | UConn Women's Basketball | journalinquirer.com

“You can tell she's been doing this for awhile now,” UConn guard Paige Bueckers said. “She’s extremely tough. She kind of reminds me of Aaliyah Edwards in the way she plays — super, extremely hard and with maximum effort trying to do stuff on both sides of the ball. I like her game and I really like who she is off the court.”

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I liked Dorka before, but even more now after reading this article. I wonder if she has any younger sisters wanting to follow in her footsteps?

I think Dorka will be a very pleasant/welcome surprise for UConn Nation, and will fit in nicely on this team. She’s no-nonsense, and focused on the task at hand. She’ll lead by example. Like so many other players on this team, she wants to be great, and be the best player she can be.

This team will have plenty of leaders. No one player will have to carry this team. #nodaysoff.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

“With three years of experience I knew what I needed and what I was looking for,” Juhász said. “It was totally a basketball decision. I was looking for the best program that could give me the most to improve as a player and obviously UConn was at the top. It was an opportunity from talking to Coach Auriemma that I couldn’t say no to. I want to get better. I know they’re going to push me every single day to become the best player, person, teammate that I can be. This is the perfect spot for me.”

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score

“With three years of experience I knew what I needed and what I was looking for,” Juhász said. “It was totally a basketball decision. I was looking for the best program that could give me the most to improve as a player and obviously UConn was at the top. It was an opportunity from talking to Coach Auriemma that I couldn’t say no to. I want to get better. I know they’re going to push me every single day to become the best player, person, teammate that I can be. This is the perfect spot for me.”
What Dorka says about looking for a program that will improve her game and increase her chance of getting to the WNBA is a ringing endorsement of the UConn coaching staff. Right now we are pretty stacked at all positions, unless we can't acquire the point guard we need in the 22 or 23 classes. Right now the portal is a viable option to get what we need if we are missing a piece that would make our team complete in the future.

Reaction Score
I could not read the article in INCOGNITO mode. I used quick & dirty method. I clicked on the provided link. When the article was displayed; I quickly clicked next to the first letter of the title hold the mouse button down I moved my cursor down to the bottom of the screen. When I saw the last line of the article, I released the mouse button. Quickly I copied the highlighted portion and pasted into an Open Office text page. You could use MS-WORD. It is dirty because ads as well as text get copied. BUT I can read the entire article. You only have a few seconds to do this before the article is blocked.
A much easier and less stressful way for those who use Firefox:
1. when the article is displayed, quickly click anywhere within the article
2. right click and choose "Select All" and the entire article will be highlighted
3. right click again and choose "Copy"

Don't dawdle.

Now you can take your time pasting the article into your favorite word processor. Enjoy.

Reaction Score

Thanks for the work around. It worked and I could read the article without rushing.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Dorka is going to be a great addition to the team.

This article brings out the competitive nature of Dorka and of the team. They're going at it already. Seems she and Liv are going at it early on and are enjoying it.

November can't come fast enough!!

Reaction Score
Dorka is going to be a great addition to the team.

This article brings out the competitive nature of Dorka and of the team. They're going at it already. Seems she and Liv are going at it early on and are enjoying it.

November can't come fast enough!!
They'll both be lottery picks!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom