Article: Uconn not getting enough respect | The Boneyard

Article: Uconn not getting enough respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
It hurts when you don't get to play in the NCAA tournament. Oh well, we'll prove them wrong soon enough.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well Memphis got drilled by OK State last night, so that's one down. But until we play a good team (Florida) and beat them, people won't take ntice.

Reaction Score
Enjoyed the article and I agree that our team has top 10 potential without a doubt. Are we worthy of a top 10 ranking at this point? I would say no. We have blown multiple large leads and have only faced one decent opponent. IMO it is a little earlier to be playing the underrated card. We will start to get recognition after the FL game.

U

UCONNfan1

Totally agree with Matt and HH. We barely hung on to beat Maryland, have blown large leads, and not been impressive on the boards against average competition. HOWEVER, I think this team has a lot of potential and given the daily improvements we are seeing in Brimah, it's clear the team has room to grow.

Reaction Score
Enjoyed the article and I agree that our team has top 10 potential without a doubt. Are we worthy of a top 10 ranking at this point? I would say no. We have blown multiple large leads and have only faced one decent opponent. IMO it is a little earlier to be playing the underrated card. We will start to get recognition after the FL game.

I dont really care about our ranking right now, but look at Duke, Mich St, UNC, Kansas. They all had close games (or lost) against vastly inferior competition in recent weeks. Don't pretend like the rest of the top 25 is hammering every team they play by 50 points.

Reaction Score
I agree with the article but also agree with our current ranking. We'll need to prove ourselves to move up and I have little doubt that we'll do that over the next few months.

Reaction Score
I hope we stay quietly in the high teens despite not losing and no one knows of or is scared of us until March. UConn has always thrived as an underdog, even when we took down Butler, that was the team that no one believed in, and after running the table in the Big East tourney everyone said "well that was fun but no way can they do it all again"

Reaction Score
We don't need the national attention, or need to prove anything. We just need to keep winning. Keep the chip on our shoulder as long as possible. We here know what's in Storrs for this season.

We are UConn dammit!!!

Reaction Score
I would be much happier to be overlooked in Nov. than in March/April.

Reaction Score
Who cares where we are ranked now, tourney time is all that matters. What was our ranking at the end of the season the last time we won it all?

Reaction Score
I would be much happier to be overlooked in Nov. than in March/April.

Obviously yes...but there is time value of getting attention all year long when it comes to recruiting. If you're always in the headlines and in conversations the school is always in front of recruits. 3 national championships since '99 and we still fly under the radar.

either way you're right March is what matters i just think there are added benefits to being recognized from Nov-March

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Well Memphis got drilled by OK State last night, so that's one down. But until we play a good team (Florida) and beat them, people won't take ntice.
We may already have played 3 tournament teams

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We may already have played 3 tournament teams

How do you figure that? Maryland is 1-2 with a huge win over Abilene Christian. Yale is 2-2 and isn't favored to win the Ivy. Detroit stinks and while BU may win the Patriot league, it's their first year, so it isn't a sure thing. What is a sure thing is that none of them will be ranked at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom