Article today -- Anna | The Boneyard

Article today -- Anna

Reaction Score
Great article on Mak today in the Stamford Advocate. Sorry don’t know how to post it!
Maybe someone could please post the article!
Great Geno Quotes!
UConn’s Makurat breaks through her freshman wall, begins to thrive is the headline!
Hooray for Anna!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
But they did not block their gallery:

1581105407824.png

Really like this freshman. She rebounds, steals, passes like an upperclassman.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Freedom of the press. Dean Carl new article with breaking news!!

“I think there’s going to come a point where we’re going to have to get her into the game sooner,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “Whether or not that is as a starter, I don’t know. I do know she has to be into the game sooner and I know she has to touch the ball more and she has to make more plays. If that means I have to change the starting lineup, that’s what I’m going to do.”

I suspect that would suit Anna right down to the ground:

“This team is capable of doing much better than the other night,” Makurat said. “I know we can play much better. We just didn’t execute our stuff well and it was frustrating. I was just angry about the game.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Money quote

“She’s getting it,” Auriemma said. “She’s got a good way about her. She knows how hard this is and she knows she’s also getting through it. She can laugh at herself when times go bad, as opposed to November when I think she would’ve swam home if she missed another (3-pointer).”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Freedom of the press. Dean Carl new article with breaking news!!

“I think there’s going to come a point where we’re going to have to get her into the game sooner,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “Whether or not that is as a starter, I don’t know. I do know she has to be into the game sooner and I know she has to touch the ball more and she has to make more plays. If that means I have to change the starting lineup, that’s what I’m going to do.”

I suspect that would suit Anna right down to the ground:

“This team is capable of doing much better than the other night,” Makurat said. “I know we can play much better. We just didn’t execute our stuff well and it was frustrating. I was just angry about the game.

How can you not love her

We did a pretty good job the last two days in practice so we’re going in the right direction right now. I think you have to bring your anger onto the practice court. You have to say to yourself, ‘What did you do wrong?’ and work on it. You can’t forget about things you did wrong in the game. You just have to remember them and work on them every single day.”

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno talked a lot about Anna in his pregame. If I was a freshman and he said that stuff about me I'd be over the moon. Starts at the 8:15 minute mark +/- "we're putting the ball in her hands more often now.....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not only is she going to be (if not already) a fan favorite, but it's pretty clear she's going to be a favorite of the coaches too.

When you have a kid who has a tremendous will to succeed, but is also coach-able, grounded, humble and hard working, chances are everyone is going to love her. I don't know if she will ever be in the doghouse, as those things go.

Geno said that her mind is really good, it's her body that is sore right now. He said she's probably never had to work so hard physically on and off the court. I can't wait to see the sophomore leap for her - I have no doubt she will continue to work hard over the summer and get herself into better physical shape. When her body can do the things her mind wants to do, she will be something else for sure. Wall of honor? Not out of the question IMHO...

Geno has been critical at times of pretty much everyone else on the team, so maybe Anna is the new Precious?! Yes I know he made the "0 for America" comment when she was 0 for her early 3 point shooting, but I suspect that was more for humor than a criticism of her.

Seriously though, just love this kid. I'm so glad she chose to cross the ocean and travel 4,000 miles to play for UCONN, and let us cheer for her!!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
When you have a kid who has a tremendous will to succeed, but is also coach-able, grounded, humble and hard working, chances are everyone is going to love her. I don't know if she will ever be in the doghouse, as those things go. Seriously though, just love this kid. I'm so glad she chose to cross the ocean and travel 4,000 miles to play for UCONN, and let us cheer for her!!
I believe Nika Muhl will come to UCONN with the same entitled attitude as Ania. Entitled to work very hard and succeed! :):cool:

Reaction Score
Love her. So glad she chose UConn. As great a players as they have coming in the next couple of years, I still think if UConn wins a championship or two in the next three years, a big big reason will be Anna.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Sitting here at Gampel for the Memphis game, I can see that Anna is shown on the scoreboard as a starter tonight. Finally!

UConn 2020 v1.5 is now released to the public.

Reaction Score
I do know she has to be into the game sooner and I know she has to touch the ball more and she has to make more plays. If that means I have to change the starting lineup, that’s what I’m going to do.”
Sitting here at Gampel for the Memphis game, I can see that Anna is shown on the scoreboard as a starter tonight. Finally!

UConn 2020 v1.5 is now released to the public.
YESSS!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Not only is she going to be (if not already) a fan favorite, but it's pretty clear she's going to be a favorite of the coaches too.

When you have a kid who has a tremendous will to succeed, but is also coach-able, grounded, humble and hard working, chances are everyone is going to love her. I don't know if she will ever be in the doghouse, as those things go.

Geno said that her mind is really good, it's her body that is sore right now. He said she's probably never had to work so hard physically on and off the court. I can't wait to see the sophomore leap for her - I have no doubt she will continue to work hard over the summer and get herself into better physical shape. When her body can do the things her mind wants to do, she will be something else for sure. Wall of honor? Not out of the question IMHO...

Geno has been critical at times of pretty much everyone else on the team, so maybe Anna is the new Precious?! Yes I know he made the "0 for America" comment when she was 0 for her early 3 point shooting, but I suspect that was more for humor than a criticism of her.

Seriously though, just love this kid. I'm so glad she chose to cross the ocean and travel 4,000 miles to play for UCONN, and let us cheer for her!!
Everyone has been waiting to see UConn basketball. Anna started and suddenly everyone was playing UConn basketball. Get open or near basket and that second Anna will get you the ball. It was contagious. Great passes by everyone. “Great playmaker,” Geno said. He seemed aware that everyone wanted Anna to start and he joked he was just waiting to be told that.

Reaction Score
I loved her post game video with Ian Bethune. She is so much fun to watch. When told that her 11 assists was only 2 off the UConn record, she said (with that twinkle in her eye) something to the effect of “maybe next game.” I love how much she enjoys playing.

Reaction Score
I loved her post game video with Ian Bethune. She is so much fun to watch. When told that her 11 assists was only 2 off the UConn record, she said (with that twinkle in her eye) something to the effect of “maybe next game.” I love how much she enjoys playing.
Note also this speaker of English as a second language said “we played good” then immediately self-corrected to “we played well.” I think that’s a good indication she will continue to improve both her language (already better than many American-born jock interviewees) and her basketball skills.

Reaction Score
She's making her sophomore leap 9 months early.
The ball movement does not stop when it touches Anna's hands. With the ball in her hands more, there should be more incentive for her teammates to move, work to get open knowing Anna has the bball smarts, vision and skill to get you the ball. Her ability to hit a teammate perfectly in stride, or in the sweet spot is something to behold.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I believe Nika Muhl will come to UCONN with the same entitled attitude as Ania. Entitled to work very hard and succeed! :):cool:
I know that Aaliyah will as well- her Jamaican heritage guarantees that.
I know Paige will as well because she is dripping in swagu.
I believe Mir and Paith will do the same because they will have no choice.

Reaction Score
Early on she passed so she wouldn't have to shoot (and possibly miss), now she passes with confidence to set up her teammates.

Reaction Score
Early on she passed so she wouldn't have to shoot (and possibly miss), now she passes with confidence to set up her teammates.
That is an excellent (and apt) distinction.

Reaction Score
Geno talked a lot about Anna in his pregame. If I was a freshman and he said that stuff about me I'd be over the moon. Starts at the 8:15 minute mark +/- "we're putting the ball in her hands more often now.....

This was before she channeled past UConn greats in Memphis game and proclaimed to the world I am UConn, I belong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom