Article posted today on Nolan | The Boneyard

Article posted today on Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Good stat:
In the final three games, he averaged 28 minutes with 4.0 points and 6.3 rebounds.

That's not terrible production, especially on the glass. And from all accounts, he's bulked up a bit and in better shape with some good off-season experience. If he can slightly improve on the production above, I think he'll be our starting center.

We'll be in good shape with Brimah coming off the bench and maybe TO/Facey also getting some time at the 5 when we go small. Although I suspect TO is probably our starting center from day 1, I think Nolan will earn more minutes and eventually take over starting at the 5.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Nolan was playing meaningful minutes in the frontcourt rotation in Estonia alongside Rak, Batts and Gbinje. Russdiculous did most of the scoring but Phil was contributing. Can't wait to see him in action tonight. #Zero'd In #Ground Zero

Reaction Score
Putting pressure on TO as a starter could be disasterous, unless he's yanked promptly. I feel like if he were to come off the bench and ease his way into the game it would help him/team. The problem with him is defensive awareness, or lack there of.

Reaction Score
Olander doesn't have any problems with awareness. His problem is talent.

he was awful at defensive rotations last year. he started off fine against Mich St but things quickly got worse from then on out.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm a little shocked at TO's lack of development. I really thought he had the potential to be a Gavin Edwards-like player by now.

I liked what I was seeing out of Nolan by the end of the year. He looked like a chicken with its head cut off at first -- dude couldn't make a layup or put-back to save his life. But he seemed to grow more comfortable. Hopefully he hit the weight room and is ready to hold his own.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
PN looked very solid in the exhibition today. 4-5 shooting, consistent high energy going after rebounds and took care of the ball. I look for him to effectively cover a good share of our center-by-committee (15-25 mpg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom