OT: - Article on poaching of mid-major players in MCBB | The Boneyard

OT: Article on poaching of mid-major players in MCBB

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

“If they’re someone who’s a freshman of the year, or an all-league type player especially as a freshman or sophomore ... I’d say close to 100% have probably heard from somebody behind the scenes or someone whispering in their ear,” Northern Colorado head coach Jeff Linder said. “I’d say 90% of those types of players hear it.”

Reaction Score
There's tampering going on with college athletes? I'm shocked, just shocked I tell ya. I never would've suspected it. :rolleyes:
Yeah shouldn't be too surprising in a sport where the college stars are paid 6 figures by shoe companies and agents.

BTW the NCAA says they're getting ready to move in on the schools where assistant coaches were indicted in the agent/bribery thing. Say they were staying out of the way while the legal proceedings were going on, but now they're going to investigate and punish. Look out Arizona, South Carolina, Oklahoma State, Louisville, Kansas, and North Carolina State. "Proceedings could begin as soon as next month" (so it shouldn’t be more than about 10 years or so....)

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
There's tampering going on with college athletes? I'm shocked, just shocked I tell ya. I never would've suspected it. :rolleyes:
But it's not every day that someone puts out an article about the phenomenon.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
But it's not every day that someone puts out an article about the phenomenon.

My response wasn't meant to direct any snark towards you. I've long suspected this type of activity was going on. You are correct in pointing out, I don't recall seeing an article previously that spelled it out in black and white.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom