Article on Lou | The Boneyard

Article on Lou

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What a great article. I see Lou out there and I am reassured. I think she still has some upside. Even if not she is quite the weapon.

Reaction Score
I love the fact that when she gets the ball, she is thinking "shot" - and she will put one right up if open, or drive to hopefully create one. If the shot isn't there, she will look to find an open teammate. Her confidence is readily apparent, her jumper is a thing of high arc beauty, and she fits in seamlessly with her teammates. What's not to love about this gift from the basketball gods? Given the events of this past summer I'm so, so, glad she is here. And Geno, well he kinda likes her too, just a wee bit. :)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I love this one -

"Lopez Sénéchal was born in Mexico, raised primarily in France and spent a year at a basketball academy in Ireland before starting at Fairfield in 2018. With the support of her French mother and Mexican father, and important help from an American stepfather who was familiar with colleges in the U.S., she marketed herself to programs with highlight films and letters before Frager offered her a scholarship."

It takes a village ...

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I love this one -

"Lopez Sénéchal was born in Mexico, raised primarily in France and spent a year at a basketball academy in Ireland before starting at Fairfield in 2018. With the support of her French mother and Mexican father, and important help from an American stepfather who was familiar with colleges in the U.S., she marketed herself to programs with highlight films and letters before Frager offered her a scholarship."

It takes a village ...
Just like Netflix, I love the Hidden Gems.

Reaction Score
That is true. But UConn also got a big break that she is here.
Absolutely! Very big break! And Geno wasn't shy about saying so as the season was about to start without Paige and Ice. There is no way UConn would be 5-0 now if she wasn't. We all saw that it took until the 2nd half against Iowa before Caroline found her form - and the staff could ease Caroline in because of her - and Dorka hasn't played the last three.

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
Fantastic article. Thanks for the share, @HuskyNan. Coach and the staff got an absolute worderful gift from the basketball Gods with this fantastic player from the mid majors. Coach Frager seems super proud of Lou and what she's become and continue to do.

Reaction Score
Lou has show clearly that a star player from D2 can play well at D1, especially with support, practice and will. I think Lou will provide a bigger lesson before the season is over. The real bottom line is heart, work and belief. Lou will prove that a star at D2 can become a star at D1. Such success is not 'out of the question'.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Lou has show clearly that a star player from D2 can play well at D1, especially with support, practice and will. I think Lou will provide a bigger lesson before the season is over. The real bottom line is heart, work and belief. Lou will prove that a star at D2 can become a star at D1. Such success is not 'out of the question'.
Fairfield and the MAAC Conference are D1, not D2. How do you think they got to play Texas in the NCAA Tournament last spring?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I love the fact that when she gets the ball, she is thinking "shot" - and she will put one right up if open, or drive to hopefully create one. If the shot isn't there, she will look to find an open teammate. Her confidence is readily apparent, her jumper is a thing of high arc beauty, and she fits in seamlessly with her teammates. What's not to love about this gift from the basketball gods? Given the events of this past summer I'm so, so, glad she is here. And Geno, well he kinda likes her too, just a wee bit. :)
Welp, Lou is a shooter. We knew that when she got here. Shooters shoot. That’s what they do, they don’t look to pass. Lou’s shooter mentality has served her well thus far. Who doesn’t love a shooter that’s not reluctant to shoot? Especially when she’s confident and in rhythm.

Reaction Score
There is a lesson to be learned here, just because a kid lands at a mid-major doesn't necessarily mean that they are less of a basketball player. Talent isn't restricted to the elite schools (or countries for that matter). Think of the kid from Southwest Nowhere State. She lit up the basketball world pretty good.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There is a lesson to be learned here, just because a kid lands at a mid-major doesn't necessarily mean that they are less of a basketball player. Talent isn't restricted to the elite schools (or countries for that matter). Think of the kid from Southwest Nowhere State. She lit up the basketball world pretty good.
A lot of kids don’t play at the better known high schools or on a prominent AAU team. Some girls can’t afford perso trainers or to travel to showcase tourneys. There are often hidden gems that college coaches like Joe Frager are lucky to find.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
A lot of kids don’t play at the better known high schools or on a prominent AAU team. Some girls can’t afford perso trainers or to travel to showcase tourneys. There are often hidden gems that college coaches like Joe Frager are lucky to find.
This. I hate when the talking heads call D1 programs and players "mid-majors". The more success that less publicized D1's have, the better off the sport.

Reaction Score
Not to overlook this detail….a good player surrounded by blue bloods makes it easier for her to elevate her game and made her transition to this level, a better fit.
Nevertheless she is definitely a big plus!!! Class…talent and a smart team player.

Reaction Score
I always liked this comment from Unknown, "Imagine transfering from Fairfield to UConn, and feeling LESS pressure."

I feel Lou got a big break when Caroline wasn't available to start the season.
I feel Lou2 got a big break when she learned to shot so well. Caroline had nothing to do with Lou2 skill set. You make your “breaks” no one gives them to you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom