Article favorable for UConn | The Boneyard

Article favorable for UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

This writer seems to think that UConn is almost a guaranteed next in based on being the best fit of the remaining Big East schools. He has the final spot going to WVU or Rutgers. I'd have to say I can't disagree. The ACC prides its self on Academics and WVU just does not fit the scope. Of UConn and Rutgers ... UConn is ranked higher academically with a bball program that has numerous conference championships and 3 national championships, a football team with two conference championships and a BCS birth, one of the top 3 women’s bball program in the country, a top 25 soccer program and much more. Uconn brings strong academics and diverse athletics.

http://www.news-record.com/content/2011/09/19/article/ed_hardin_this_isnt_the_end_of_expansion

Reaction Score
Not a bad article, but the ACC is not at all the most stable league. Stable? Yes. But FSU and Clemson/VT leaving for the SEC is a possibility, though not likely. Can you target anyone in the Big 10 or SEC right now as at all a remote possibility of leaving either conference? Not a chance, those are by far the most stable conferences in the nation, with the Pac just behind.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
This writer seems to think that UConn is almost a guaranteed next in based on being the best fit of the remaining Big East schools. He has the final spot going to WVU or Rutgers. I'd have to say I can't disagree. The ACC prides its self on Academics and WVU just does not fit the scope. Of UConn and Rutgers ... UConn is ranked higher academically with a bball program that has numerous conference championships and 3 national championships, a football team with two conference championships and a BCS birth, one of the top 3 women’s bball program in the country, a top 25 soccer program and much more. Uconn brings strong academics and diverse athletics.

http://www.news-record.com/content/2011/09/19/article/ed_hardin_this_isnt_the_end_of_expansion
And a baseball team which is coming off a super regional birth. Baseball is very big in the ACC with perennial powers of FSU, UVA. Miami and Georgia Tech.

Reaction Score

Yeah, UConn is so great the ACC didn't solicit UConn's app when Syrapitt applied.

God, there will need to be a communal suicide watch here if UConn is not invited into the ACC. I am prepared for UConn to not be invited anywhere. At least not anytime soon. Are you?

Reaction Score
Yeah, UConn is so great the ACC didn't solicit UConn's app when Syrapitt applied.

God, there will need to be a communal suicide watch here if UConn is not invited into the ACC. I am prepared for UConn to not be invited anywhere. At least not anytime soon. Are you?
You must be fun at parties.

Reaction Score

Of all the things you chose this to be optimistic about? Are you trying to redeem yourself after your embarassing tirade last week?

Reaction Score
Article sounds good to me. What is not to like?

Seriously though, this is starting to feel exhausting. I just want UConn to land in a good spot, be it ACC, Big Ten or a conference with Kansas, Missouri, Louisville, WVU etc. Where everyone is an equal partner. No more hybrids or allowing anyone to an unequal share of the pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom