Article about Strong | The Boneyard

Article about Strong

Reaction Score
Thanks for that good article.............it only reinforces my belief that it would be a huge disappointment if Geno doesn't get to coach such a gifted player........

Reaction Score
Strong would be the foundation of another dominant team, especially if she could play next to Jana and Ice for a couple years and with Morgan and Allie for 4 years. It's not just that she's talented. She's also the sort of player the rest of the team can depend on. That's the salient feature about the kids Geno recruits -- players who can take the team on their shoulders on any given night. Paige can do it, of course, and Azzi too. But also Caroline and Aaliyah and Aubrey have proven it too. I suspect Ice, KK and Ashlynn will step up in this respect, too -- it's exactly who they were in HS. And we saw Jana do that over the summer before the injury. If Strong recognizes this about the Huskies, I can't imagine she won't want to be a part of that.

And just to reflect on @Bills Fan's remark, Sanford is a rural area about 45 miles from the Research Triangle. It's true that UNC and Duke have to be a draw for Strong. But Storrs will feel rather more like Sanford than Durham or Chapel Hill. In other words, it might not be as tough a sell as at first appears, especially if she wants to win an NC or two. Columbia SC is not close enough to feel local.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sarah talking about her decision
So what will be the deciding factor?

“It’s hard to say,” says Sarah. “I’m doing a lot of visit and learning a lot about all of these schools. When I know, I’ll know. But I can’t really explain what the deciding factor will be. I’ll just know.”

“Her mother and I think it’s got to be a school that genuinely cares about the player both on and off the court,” says Danny. “The coach has to be someone who’s going to push her to be the best student she can be, but also develop her and her dream of becoming a professional basketball player. Both of these are going to be very important.”

UConn checks all the boxes. I seem to remember hearing "I'll just know" from a few recent UConn recruits.

Reaction Score
Last i knew, Sarah's mom worked for the Boston celtics. So she would just be a hop, skip, and a jump from her daughter's home games. If Sarah and her mom have had a serious talk about player development then Storrs, Ct. will be the chosen destination. Many players have found the right fit and cancelled the rest of their planned trips, and this may be the case this coming week-end. One can hope.

Reaction Score
Last i knew, Sarah's mom worked for the Boston celtics. So she would just be a hop, skip, and a jump from her daughter's home games. If Sarah and her mom have had a serious talk about player development then Storrs, Ct. will be the chosen destination. Many players have found the right fit and cancelled the rest of their planned trips, and this may be the case this coming week-end. One can hope.

She’s also close friends with Ashley battle.

Reaction Score
It's true. But Raleigh is a pretty dull town, and her mom has a Boston connection as well. I'm just thinking if she takes seriously the idea of going on to the W, there aren't any schools in North Carolina with a record of sending many players into the pros. For that, she'd have to go further south. Or much further north.

Reaction Score
Personally, I think it’s down to UConn, LSU or NC State. Maybe just NC State and UConn.

I don’t think SCar is in it at all despite being (1) a three hour car ride from mom and dad (2) track record in the WNBA draft and (3) a proven championship contender. There’s no record of her attending games for OVs in Columbia or much Gamecock talk by her during the last several years. Maybe the two year power matchups between SCar and NC State just cast us in the villains role. Whatever, I just don’t see us as a contender for her.

I don’t see Duke or UNC as serious contenders. Her dad is an active NC Stster alum. She has been raised as a Wolfpack fan. I just don’t see a “betrayal” to another Tobacco Road team.

Oh, I don’t think preparing her for the wnba is a big deal. Les can get her there. A No.1 prospect doesn’t need a Geno, Dawn or Kim. Just a good, solid coach. Les fits the bill.

Reaction Score
It's true. But Raleigh is a pretty dull town, and her mom has a Boston connection as well. I'm just thinking if she takes seriously the idea of going on to the W, there aren't any schools in North Carolina with a record of sending many players into the pros. For that, she'd have to go further south. Or much further north.
Incorrect, Raleigh is not a dull town.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I thought she made a double secret whispered hand gesture commitment to UConn. Or so it has been written by some on the BY who have impeccable inside sources. Recruiting threads are fun.

Reaction Score
Incorrect, Raleigh is not a dull town.
I guess not. I suppose it is the state capital after all. My experience is mainly in Durham and Chapel Hill (and Carrboro) which are more given over to the universities than Raleigh is. They are awash in students.

Reaction Score
Her parents would be coming to games from different directions. Father from NC, Mom from Boston.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I thought she made a double secret whispered hand gesture commitment to UConn. Or so it has been written by some on the BY who have impeccable inside sources. Recruiting threads are fun.
I remember Sluconn, our recruiting insider, said that Ciera Toomey was "smitten" with UConn. I believed she was ours, but now I know better than to believe anything until I read or see it from their own lips.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I remember Sluconn, our recruiting insider, said that Ciera Toomey was "smitten" with UConn. I believed she was ours, but now I know better than to believe anything until I read or see it from their own lips.
Tongue in cheek.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Personally, I think it’s down to UConn, LSU or NC State. Maybe just NC State and UConn.

I don’t think SCar is in it at all despite being (1) a three hour car ride from mom and dad (2) track record in the WNBA draft and (3) a proven championship contender. There’s no record of her attending games for OVs in Columbia or much Gamecock talk by her during the last several years. Maybe the two year power matchups between SCar and NC State just cast us in the villains role. Whatever, I just don’t see us as a contender for her.

I don’t see Duke or UNC as serious contenders. Her dad is an active NC Stster alum. She has been raised as a Wolfpack fan. I just don’t see a “betrayal” to another Tobacco Road team.

Oh, I don’t think preparing her for the wnba is a big deal. Les can get her there. A No.1 prospect doesn’t need a Geno, Dawn or Kim. Just a good, solid coach. Les fits the bill.
Second this. As much as I like Strong, never felt the connection was “strong” :cool: (although our coaches have been seen watching her several times). SC has always leaned more towards Edwards it seems.

Reaction Score
I’ve thought for some time that she (Strong) has been silently committed to UConn. Her recent visit to LSU however, has made me a little nervous! Though I have no inside info, I think it’s very likely that LSU’s NIL presentation was very impressive. That does make me nervous as I have no idea as to UConn’s resources in that area. Money can change a lot of things.
However, I do see Ms Strong as a level headed, throwback kind of player who truly loves the game as it was meant to be played and who will likely be drawn to the UConn style of play and the closeness of our team. I see her as a Maya, Stewie, Dee, kind of talent and I think this could be a Boston type of swing for UConn. Obviously we will be good whether she comes or not but I feel like she could easily bring several championships to UConn if she commits. Here’s hoping for good news soon!

Reaction Score
I’ve thought for some time that she (Strong) has been silently committed to UConn. Her recent visit to LSU however, has made me a little nervous! Though I have no inside info, I think it’s very likely that LSU’s NIL presentation was very impressive. That does make me nervous as I have no idea as to UConn’s resources in that area. Money can change a lot of things.
However, I do see Ms Strong as a level headed, throwback kind of player who truly loves the game as it was meant to be played and who will likely be drawn to the UConn style of play and the closeness of our team. I see her as a Maya, Stewie, Dee, kind of talent and I think this could be a Boston type of swing for UConn. Obviously we will be good whether she comes or not but I feel like she could easily bring several championships to UConn if she commits. Here’s hoping for good news soon!
I "STRONGLY" support the views of "Cuango". Go Huskies!! Come Sarah!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom