Arrogant and Spoiled | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arrogant and Spoiled

Reaction Score
The league has really underperformed I believe. I watch other leagues and other than us I can't see Big East teams winning many games in the tournament. And I don't give a rats butt about how the other Big East teams do.
We should all hope the other BE teams do well in the tournament for several reasons:
-more shares to split
-builds the profile of the league
-helps with TV contract negotiations
-helps recruiting

Reaction Score
Guy on the broadcast compared us straight up with Purdue, said Clingan would negate Edey and Purdue has nothing past him; we win.

That was my thought since very early on in the season
The Uconn v Purdue game isnt decided by Edey v Clingan. The decideing factor is how Loyer and Smith do against Spencer, Newton, Castle, Diarra and possibly Ball. If you ask me Castle and Diarra being the defensive demons they are with size and athleticsm advantage will alone be a major, major problem for them. Theyre both smaller and arent exactly explosive scorers. Where is the scoring coming from when Edey is on the bench? Im not making any predictions but if these two teams face off we could see something similar to what happened to Gonzaga in last years tourney. I remember the hype and how the Zags were so high scoring and that they would give our defense trouble and would win a high scoring close game. Yeah, did not work out at all for them. I can see something similar because Purdue has very little room for error while we do.

Reaction Score
Call me the pessimist, but 4-2 over the next 6 (DePaul is included in there) is a great confidence boost goin into tournwe
Couple losses down the stretch while very annoying wouldnt bother me much. Still likely winning the conference, Still the top seed in the BE tourney with the bye and still on the 1 seed line. Id rathere get some losses at the end of the conference schedule than losing one in the BE tourney. I want that conference tourney win.

Reaction Score
The Uconn v Purdue game isnt decided by Edey v Clingan. The decideing factor is how Loyer and Smith do against Spencer, Newton, Castle, Diarra and possibly Ball.
Yup that’s basically what I was implying. Clingan/Edey is probably a wash and then our remaining cast is better than theirs

Reaction Score
"Arrogant and spoiled" is Kentucky fans thinking they can just go grab Danny Hurley from UConn. We've won two of our five titles by beating them in the Final Four during the recent past, plus we just won last year and are in serious contention to repeat, and they still have this mindset that they're a tier above us.

The reality is, UConn does have an advantage over other Big East schools because it's a state university rather than a private Catholic school, and basketball is its most successful sport. As long as its basketball programs are well-run, they should be in the top echelon of the Big East and be in the running for protected NCAA tournament seeds year in and year out. It's a perfect setup for a coach who wants to compete annually for NCAA titles. Meanwhile, for all of its history, Kentucky is at higher risk to fall back into the pack of its own conference, especially going forward with Texas and Oklahoma in the mix. It may not control its own destiny to the degree UConn does, at least for the time being.

Reaction Score
It's hilarious how dead the yard is when the team is rolling.

Threads on giving the ball back to the refs NBA all-time top10, and complaining about commentators like Donny.

Was thinking of that. Seems rather quiet, how much more traffic is here at the BY after a loss? Any data available?

Reaction Score
our remaining cast is better than theirs
I may be a bit cocky but i dont think its even close. We literally became the #1 team in the country without DC. I highly doubt they would be top 25 without Edey for a month.

Reaction Score
The Uconn v Purdue game isnt decided by Edey v Clingan. The decideing factor is how Loyer and Smith do against Spencer, Newton, Castle, Diarra and possibly Ball. If you ask me Castle and Diarra being the defensive demons they are with size and athleticsm advantage will alone be a major, major problem for them. Theyre both smaller and arent exactly explosive scorers. Where is the scoring coming from when Edey is on the bench? Im not making any predictions but if these two teams face off we could see something similar to what happened to Gonzaga in last years tourney. I remember the hype and how the Zags were so high scoring and that they would give our defense trouble and would win a high scoring close game. Yeah, did not work out at all for them. I can see something similar because Purdue has very little room for error while we do.
Don’t disagree on the Gonzaga point, but don’t forget Timme was in fouls trouble early that game. Without him they had nothing

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
The league has really underperformed I believe. I watch other leagues and other than us I can't see Big East teams winning many games in the tournament. And I don't give a rats butt about how the other Big East teams do.
This is why I think it is good to schedule one high level game during conference season. It would help everyone including the selection committee get a better idea. We really don’t know who is the best middle of the pack team below Us, Marquette and Creighton . Thought it was Seton Hall but when they laid an egg against Villanova. Villanova a team that beat UNC earlier in the year. IMO there should be an OOC game scheduled some time around the halfway point of the conference season. I think it would also be good for the fan interest. I would love too see us play teams like Houston, Tennessee or any other top 20 KP team at that point in the year.

Reaction Score
Don’t disagree on the Gonzaga point, but don’t forget Timme was in fouls trouble early that game. Without him they had nothing
Same if Edey gets in foul trouble. Every minute hes on the bench for whatever reason is advantage good guys.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
For once we have nothing to complain about, and yet here on the Boneyard, some people are doing just that.
I am enjoying the season, and the team play this season.

Relax people and enjoy the ride

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom