Around the NCAA - week of 1/6 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Around the NCAA - week of 1/6

Reaction Score
Tulane beats Temple
ECU beats SMU
Tulsa beats Houston

If we lose to Wichita, we'll only be ahead of UCF in these early conference standings... :confused:

Reaction Score
Seton Hall's season looked in shambles a few weeks ago and now they look a second consistent scorer away from being a National Title contender. They're playing the best defense in the country the last 5 games and they're a huge team with two serious rim protectors.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall's season looked in shambles a few weeks ago and now they look a second consistent scorer away from being a National Title contender. They're playing the best defense in the country the last 5 games and they're a huge team with two serious rim protectors.

Seton Hall and Butler are probably the best positioned to make a run in March from the Big East. Seton Hall because they have a player who can takeover like Powell. And Butler because of their defense and toughness. Their coaching is untested in March so we’ll see. Villanova will always be a factor. I like Creighton too. They are good scorers and shooters and got a good win at Xavier. Don’t think Xavier has enough shooters to go far. Marquette not enough around Howard. And reality has start to hit at DePaul.

Reaction Score
Auburn, Dayton, and Gonzaga have also looked very good when I've watched them

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Not a fair comparison.

Firstly, only Lawson, Thompson and Thomas are grad transfers while Hightower and Walker are regular, sit-one transfers.

Secondly, aside from holdolders Zhang and Ona Embo, playing time was WIDE open for Tulane new players.

We all knew Lawson would be great, but Hightower was a 6.6 ppg player at Georgia, Thompson was a 5.7 ppg scorer at URI and Walker was a 1.8 ppg scorer at Seton Hall. This year, that trio has combined for almost 40 ppg.

Name me a UConn grad transfer since Gibbs who has not not one, not two, but three starting lineup spots to vie for. Anderson and Smith were signed to provide a third guard option while Onuorah was solely signed for depth reasons.
We haven’t had a center worthy of being a starter since Brimah graduated. DO and Yakwe were all we could get at that spot still. That’s not good enough

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
This NCAA Tournament is going to be insane

Reaction Score
Defending National Champion UVA has lost to BC and Cuse in back to back games!

Reaction Score
Memphis beats USF by 4 in Tampa.

Precious with a 22pt double double and playing out of his mind. Makes you wonder what could’ve been... with precious and kofi. Do we land Cam at that point being likely a top 25 team? Are we a stronger contender with Cliff? Damn...

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Seton Hall and Butler are probably the best positioned to make a run in March from the Big East. Seton Hall because they have a player who can takeover like Powell. And Butler because of their defense and toughness. Their coaching is untested in March so we’ll see. Villanova will always be a factor. I like Creighton too. They are good scorers and shooters and got a good win at Xavier. Don’t think Xavier has enough shooters to go far. Marquette not enough around Howard. And reality has start to hit at DePaul.

Seton Hall can beat anyone, and I think is the most talented team in the Big East. They have a head scratching loss to Iowa State, but it feels like almost every good team has one of those. Powell got a serious concussion against Rutgers, so they get a mulligan there. They blew two statement wins against Michigan State and Oregon, which is why I don't trust this team or it's coach. Seton Hall has Final Four talent but the mental lapses of a team that can get bounced in the first round.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom