Around the NCAA 1/18-1/24 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Around the NCAA 1/18-1/24

Reaction Score
If Tulsa wins tonight, up 12-6 right now. That means we’ll play ranked Wichita State, @ Villanova, @ ranked Houston, and then #1 AAC team Tulsa. Wow

Reaction Score
Cumberland 12/13 at the ft line. Cincy beats Temple in Philly. He looks to be rounding back into form.

Reaction Score
Big East edges out the ACC for me in favorite conferences to watch. I'm digging the play and effort and overall fan turnout. Granted I had lots more coverage of ACC when I lived in VA but the ability to catch a quality game on FOX for the BE is very nice.

Even Providence and SH on now is entertaining more than any game I have on right now.

Reaction Score
Tulsa totally taking it to Memphis right now. I'm starting to worry about our chances on Sunday.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
So you’re telling me Tulsa is up 40-17 at half over Memphis?

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Memphis plays horrible defense. We will be fine at Tulsa.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Just hate to see it

Reaction Score
Seton Hall is a really interesting team, not sure I've ever seen a big man improve as much during a season as Romaro Gill has. He's totally dominant right now.
Eli Hershkovich on Twitter: "Romaro Gill. That is all. https://post original url/TuCfK8THww" / Twitter

Reaction Score
I'll probably adopt Seton Hall in March. In a wide open year like this they have the potential to go far. Would love to see them get the title they got robbed out of in 1989.

Reaction Score
With Seton Hall monitor their KenPom offensive efficiency #'s closely. Right now they sit @ 32 (just checked). I mentioned this before here but UConn is the only team in the KenPom era 13-14 to make the Final Four with an offensive efficiency # outside the top 30. UConn had Shabazz and Seton Hall has Myles Powell. Two quintessential Alpha Dogs. Statistically though it has been very hard to break through that barrier. Ironically the path for SH will most likely be through MSG to the FF.

Match ups will be key.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With Seton Hall monitor their KenPom offensive efficiency #'s closely. Right now they sit @ 32 (just checked). I mentioned this before here but UConn is the only team in the KenPom era 13-14 to make the Final Four with an offensive efficiency # outside the top 30. UConn had Shabazz and Seton Hall has Myles Powell. Two quintessential Alpha Dogs. Statistically though it has been very hard to break through that barrier. Ironically the path for SH will most likely be through MSG to the FF.

Match ups will be key.
That's an interesting stat. Powell didn't really do anything tonight and they still scored easily. It will be interesring when Mamushkaveli comes back in a week or so, things should really be opened up for him with Gill's emergence. Can be difficult plugging in a guy in the lineup on a team that's flowing but he could give them a whole new dimension.

Reaction Score
I think next year when UConn enters the NBE Nova will also be top 10 since they don't lose any key personnel off this years team. Creighton may be a bit more of a stretch next year even if they return everyone. I wouldn't bet against it though. If Bryan Antoine makes the jump most expect him to make next year then Nova (IMO) should be the best team in the country barring injury.
Nova will be all the way back to a #1 type team next year. they don't play any seniors right now. bey might leave, but i'd be surprised. i don't think his stock is all that high. they will be absolutely filthy next year.

edit - there's also the possibility that one or both of antoine and robinson-earl leave, but i would lean stay with both, especially antoine

creighton should be really, really good as well. they'll probably be the two top dogs of the conference

Last edited:
Reaction Score
mick cronin has made in to the second weekend of the ncaa tournament more recently than shaka.

let that sink in.
that is honestly pretty wild. there have been very few coaches more overrated than shaka in recent memory.

Reaction Score

Wish more coaches did this. If Hurley did this I'm pretty sure the board would self-destruct though

$20,000 fine for ND and a "public reprimand" from the ACC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom