Arod | The Boneyard

Arod

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just read some of his Joe Buck interview. Has there ever been a greater turn around in public opinion (well mine anyway) than this guy?

I loathed the guy during his playing days. Thought he was an absurdly talented weak, phony fake pansy.

These days, he's one of my favorite baseball commentators and possessed with a frank self awareness that the guy from his playing days couldn't even comprehend, never mind display.

"There's so many frustrating things when you look back at that," Rodriguez told Joe Buck in an excerpt from the Audience Network show "Undeniable," which will air Oct. 18. "Number one, you have a guaranteed contract for hundreds of millions of dollars. Literally, you can sit on the couch and get fat. Right? How stupid can you be? ... This thing cost me over $40 million. And it cost me my reputation, and it may have cost me the Hall of Fame and a number of other things."

"I remember sitting there at night at maybe 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning -- I probably did this a hundred nights -- and I would look up with tears and say, 'How the 'F' did I get myself in this position?' I'm the only jackass that has pocket aces and figures out a way to lose the hand."

"The hardest thing I had to do, I had to admit to [daughters] Natasha and Ella the mistake that I made. ... And I needed [ex-wife Cynthia Scurtis] to be part of that. I told Cynthia, 'When I sit down with the girls, they're gonna be listening to me, but they're gonna be looking at you, and chances are I'm not gonna make it past first base because I'm gonna probably start breaking down.' And sure enough, I almost didn't get out of home plate," Rodriguez said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom