Army post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Army post Game Thread

Reaction Score
When you play the Military academies you subject your defensive lineman to the chop blocks. I would not schedule them. They hold on many outside runs no call. #20 yapping at our guys all game only gets a penalty when he takes off the helmet after a pick.

Reaction Score
There are going to be ups and downs. Let’s see how they respond in the bowl game we hopefully get; would hate for this to be the tone with which the season ends

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Bad luck close to the goal line???

Those were all self-induced including the play calling.
I was including Rosa's foot, but yes if you're talking within a yard.

Reaction Score
Eh. They seemed locked in most of the first half. They certainly weren't flat. Just bad calls/luck close to goal line. I don't know if we've not converted a QB sneak between ZT and Millen but it feels that way. If UConn has 21 at the half, the 2nd half is a whole different ballgame. UConn played desperate most of the 4th Q knowing they had to gamble on both O and D.

I think Ball St was a worse loss. UConn had that game in their pocket late. This wasn't that.

Luck?

It’s called a QB sneak. Charlton should be reprimanded.

Reaction Score
Moment was too big for Charlton today.

Offense was flat, paly calling in red zone was absurd and he never adjusted to Army changing the LB stunts in second half.

Add in all the false starts, having a line who couldn't pass block a three man rush, ignoring Rosa in the second half.........

Horrible game all around.
Charlton was fine. I don’t care what the play calls were. The OL has to get it in there. And I wanted Turner to go vertical in passing Game. When Turner did that late it was a disaster.

Huskies got to clean up penalties, and, in the off-season the QB has a lot of work to do. Turner, Roberson, Millen, TPhom gotta go to camp in the spring and compete.

Reaction Score
Charlton was fine. I don’t care what the play calls were. The OL has to get it in there. And I wanted Turner to go vertical in passing Game. When Turner did that late it was a disaster.

Huskies got to clean up penalties, and, in the off-season the QB has a lot of work to do. Turner, Roberson, Millen, TPhom gotta go to camp in the spring and compete.
Charlton was brutal today, the goal line calls were bad but I won't even get after him for that. He totally lost himself as an OC today and abandoned what we've been so good at all season.

Reaction Score
We were 5-1 at home and 1-5 on the road. It is not uncommon for young teams to struggle on the road. We out gained Army and lost. Most of our recent wins (Liberty, BC) we were outgained. More proof that stats in sports are meaningless.

Reaction Score
That questionable pass interference call on UConn on Army third and long killed us. That was a critical call during critical part of the game.
True but UCONN just had too many FUBARS today

Reaction Score
I was away from home from 6:00 AM until 2 hours ago. Recorded game. Avoided news and sports . Watched until it was hopeless. Color me sad/ disappointed. Hope we can win 9 next season. I am not bowl hopeful anymore.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I hated the second-half play calling and lack of execution by the offense. The defense did well but still wish they could have stopped the quarterback off tackle which got a first down or good yardage almost every time

Reaction Score
I hated the second-half play calling and lack of execution by the offense. The defense did well but still wish they could have stopped the quarterback off tackle which got a first down or good yardage almost every time
So they did or didn’t do well?

Reaction Score
I went to game. What a letdown. One of more frustrating games in s long time. Before the series with the bogus PI call I turned to my friends and said this series is huge. The penalties and the refs were awful. I swear they place the ball a half yard in Army’s favor every other play.

I will give us credit for bouncing back after the punt block. However we should have Ben up 14 at the half. Hoping for a bowl game.

Army setting and experience was cool. One technical note. They showed every replay while they were reviewing calls but not having traditional Tv made it hard to see if Rosa TD should have been overturned. I still don’t think we show replays during reviews at the rent?

Reaction Score
I went to game. What a letdown. One of more frustrating games in s long time. Before the series with the bogus PI call I turned to my friends and said this series is huge. The penalties and the refs were awful. I swear they place the ball a half yard in Army’s favor every other play.

I will give us credit for bouncing back after the punt block. However we should have Ben up 14 at the half. Hoping for a bowl game.

Army setting and experience was cool. One technical note. They showed every replay while they were reviewing calls but not having traditional Tv made it hard to see if Rosa TD should have been overturned. I still don’t think we show replays during reviews at the rent?
We do show replays. I just saw outside of the pageantry which is an obvious thing we can’t replicate the modern music constantly playing in the stadium made it a very fun environment and kept the energy up. Felt like something we should emulate

Reaction Score
In games that we have won, we played relatively mistake free and forced turnovers. Today we made too many mistakes and we didn’t create turnovers. There’s a fine line between this UConn team having 2-3 wins and 8-9 wins. Could have beaten Utah St., Ball State and Army, also could have lost to Fresno, BC and Liberty. With that being said, this team isn’t going to beat teams with their athletic skill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom