Army-Navy at 3 P.M...... | The Boneyard

Army-Navy at 3 P.M......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For the sake of family members who have either served in the past or are currently serving in the Navy & U.S.M.C., & for our future conference affiliation, let me say this: "Go Mids!"

God bless all who choose to serve our country in any branch of the military to keep us safe!

Reaction Score
Gooooooooooooooooooooo Navy Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat Army. Brother is USNA 1986.

Regardless of outcome stay with the telecast until after game is over. Both sides sing their fight songs and the stadium is so quiet you can hear a pin drop. Gives me goose bumps every time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For the sake of family members who have either served in the past or are currently serving in the Navy & U.S.M.C., & for our future conference affiliation, let me say this: "Go Mids!"

God bless all who choose to serve our country in any branch of the military to keep us safe!

I will be attending my first Army Navy Game today. Very excited to attend. I will be in my seat by 2 for the pregame ceremonies and stay until post game ceremonies are ended.

Reaction Score
Hank ...I may be a sap but the postgame gets me every time

I was just reading that March on is at 12:16, do I need to be in my seat for noon? Is the stadium even open then?

Reaction Score
March on is ok but not something that needs to be on your bucket list. Just the corps marching in formation. That seems really early for a 3 PM game though

Reaction Score
Any year is a good year when you beat Army.

USN 85-91. USS Saratoga CV 60

Last year I took a tour of West Point with the Boy Scouts. The cadet took us through the tunnel of winners where they paint the year whenever they beat navy. It prompted the following question to the poor cadet.... Why Not many entries lately??

GO NAVY!! Beat Army!!!

Reaction Score
I love watching this game every year. To me doesn't matter who wins or loses, just seeing these kids and knowing what they have to do every day at the Academies, knowing that after this year many will be defending our rights to live as Americans is enough for me.

For the men playing in this game and for the Boneyarders who have served and/or are serving now Thank You.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I look forward to this game every year. Outstanding young men on both teams playing their guts out. I always root for Navy but really just want each and every player to play his best and come out unhurt.
Tremendous respect for all these kids and what they have agreed to do for their country. God bless them.

BTW, best helmets in the country goes to Navy

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's funny; I used to always root for Army in this game. I don't know why, since I don't have a dog in the fight. Probably because they have been the underdog more often than not during my time watching the game. But now with conference realignment, I'm going to be rooting for the Navy.

There are plenty of college football games where I wished both teams could lose. Today is a day where I wished both teams could win...

Reaction Score
Navy busted those helmets out a few years ago and I was like whoooaa!! Virginia's used to be my favorite but Navy's blew by them in my opinion

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Navy's helmets are great.

As an event that's a great day. As a football game...

Reaction Score
March on is ok but not something that needs to be on your bucket list. Just the corps marching in formation. That seems really early for a 3 PM game though

We were there for March on, thought it was great! Better than the songs at the end of the game in my opinion. In my mind the highlight was the flyovers by the Blue Angels! Flew over three times. Once going to the main flyover, the main flyover and then one final cross of the stadium. We were in the upper deck in the South End Zone. They flew in over the North End Zone. Saw them about a mile away and a second later they had gone over head and were gone. WOW! They were very close as well! They were followed by four Apache Helicopters.

Game was okay, very little pace as they had a ton of commercials and each break was long. Cold and windy. Snow changed to sleet and then rain. In the stadium for seven hours. Great time!

Reaction Score
Don't know if anyone saw these, but check out these Army uniforms. They use digital camouflage. Cadets were wearing the same camouflage style that game.

Army-Western-Kentucky-17741-590x421.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member