Army game at Yankee Stadium | The Boneyard

Army game at Yankee Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I went to the Yankee-Pirate game at the stadium yesterday and in the lot my buddies & I parked in was a huge tailgate. I spoke with enough people to eventually find the organizer (who is running a start-up ticket agency) and found out that the tailgate (which has ~ 235 people yesterday) was a package that he sold to a few companies in the area.

I mentioned the upcoming football game against Army, that there would be an enormous number of UConn fans attending, that most would already have tickets (unlike yesterday where the tickets were part of the package), many would likely arrive by bus and that the tailgate itself was what would be necessary. He said that with the amount of time (nearly six months) we should be able to work something out if there is sufficient interest. I have his information and will also be willing to forward it to (is it Ryan who plans the bus trips) others to help organize something. Considering the size of the lot where we parked, a tailgate as large as ~ 800 people would be possible. We may even be able to utilize more than one lot if there is sufficient interest.

Please post comments and we'll see if this is worth pursuing,

PS - He is also interested in looking at something for the men's basketball game against Duke in the Meadowlands.

Reaction Score
I went to the Yankee-Pirate game at the stadium yesterday and in the lot my buddies & I parked in was a huge tailgate. I spoke with enough people to eventually find the organizer (who is running a start-up ticket agency) and found out that the tailgate (which has ~ 235 people yesterday) was a package that he sold to a few companies in the area.

I mentioned the upcoming football game against Army, that there would be an enormous number of UConn fans attending, that most would already have tickets (unlike yesterday where the tickets were part of the package), many would likely arrive by bus and that the tailgate itself was what would be necessary. He said that with the amount of time (nearly six months) we should be able to work something out if there is sufficient interest. I have his information and will also be willing to forward it to (is it Ryan who plans the bus trips) others to help organize something. Considering the size of the lot where we parked, a tailgate as large as ~ 800 people would be possible. We may even be able to utilize more than one lot if there is sufficient interest.

Please post comments and we'll see if this is worth pursuing,

PS - He is also interested in looking at something for the men's basketball game against Duke in the Meadowlands.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I will almost certainly be back in the States by Nov., so if schedules allow I'm in plus 1 or 2 will try to convince.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Viewing the response I'll call the guy during the week, have him set up a profile here and post a synopsis of how it will work (hopefully a mod will pin it).

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Would it be possible to buy in for the tailgate but not go on the bus?

Reaction Score
Bus in the works- I've sent it out to my usual group (past bus people) in hopes of firming up the stops before I post it to the broader group. FFld give me a shout on this- redsolocup and I run a big tailgate at every home game but we'd love to take it off and have someone else take care of it, have everyone else join us. My email is ryan.p.phalen@gmail.com

Reaction Score
Like the awesome MD game a couple of years ago, this sounds great. We'd take the train and hook up for the gate.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Have our 6 seats for the game - sitting a row behind the new 'Monument Park' - excited for this excursion. Brother and wife will be up from Florida - making a weekend out of it! And the 3:30 pm start is my favorite!!

Reaction Score
I have a group six. But I'm waiting to see what Ryan comes up with.

Reaction Score
Group tickets won't be available through the Yankees until at least September so I doubt I'll be able to get anything together until then, if at all.

Spoke w the catering group Ffld referenced and currently finalizing the menu. Will be more information will come after I hear back from the catering company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom