Army Game 11/19/22 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Army Game 11/19/22

Reaction Score
Looks like the game kicks at noon on Saturday, does anyone know what time West Point allows tailgating to begin?

Reaction Score
Sections 29-32 are behind UConn sideline.
normally best to sit among our fans. If you've never been to Michie, sitting opposite our bench in the 2nd tier affords you a view of the Hudson and an enthusiastic Corp. of cadets (Sec. 25-28) is a worthy alternative.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For those driving to the game for the first time, don't forget that you need a pass to get on campus as West Point is an active military base. I went to last year's game & our group pre-purchased the parking passes on-line & printed them out. (As a result, I now get regular e-mails for all upcoming ARMY athletic events)

Reaction Score
Not seeing UConn selling away tickets for this game. I looked on UConnhuskies.com. Does anyone know what section most UConn fans will be sitting in?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
For those driving to the game for the first time, don't forget that you need a pass to get on campus as West Point is an active military base. I went to last year's game & our group pre-purchased the parking passes on-line & printed them out. (As a result, I now get regular e-mails for all upcoming ARMY athletic events)
I still get e-mails from Baylor from our game in Waco in 2008.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not seeing UConn selling away tickets for this game. I looked on UConnhuskies.com. Does anyone know what section most UConn fans will be sitting in?
Away tickets aren't sold online. Tdaley above says Sec. 4.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what seats stay in the sun the whole game at this time of year? Might be helpful with a high of 37 on Sat.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what seats stay in the sun the whole game at this time of year? Might be helpful with a high of 37 on Sat.

Going up myself for the first time and doing research but the simple answer is the stadium looks to run north and south so the seating would be on the west for a noon game for those needing sun or not prepared clothing wise.

Reaction Score
Get there early and try to experience as much as you can. If you have a chance to engage any of the Cadets as you wander the West Point campus, I promise they'll renew your faith in America's future. At Annapolis I had one of my daughters with us and she couldn't believe the number of women announced as "brigade leaders" as they took the field during pre-game. The whole experience is inspiring and in the end, should we win the game, you'll be calling it a bucket list lifetime moment to remember.

Reaction Score

Going up myself for the first time and doing research but the simple answer is the stadium looks to run north and south so the seating would be on the west for a noon game for those needing sun or not prepared clothing wise.
As the sun sets in the west, don't you want to be in the east stands then? Where the structure doesn't block it as quickly?

Reaction Score
As the sun sets in the west, don't you want to be in the east stands then? Where the structure doesn't block it as quickly?
Yes. The interwebs have some great stuff.

1668712316403.png

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Yes. The interwebs have some great stuff.

View attachment 80788
In either 2003 or 2005, my local watering hole (O'Neills in South Norwalk) did a bus trip to the game. I believe we were parked in the grass lot that is at the top right hand corner of that photograph. It must have taken an hour to hike up the hill to the stadium. Day-of parking for non-season ticket holders is also far away (for security purposes I believe). You definitely want to give yourself plenty of time to get to the stadium (whether you walk or take the highly recommended shuttle bus) so you don't miss the parachute jump with the game ball!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom