Army/Fordham | The Boneyard

Army/Fordham

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The mighty Black Knights only a 4 pt dog to Fordham at home....

Reaction Score
All you gluttons for punishment can watch it at noon on CBS SportsNet, although looks like Nebrich might be questionable with a banged up knee.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tebucky drop killed a long Fordham drive. 3-0 Rams

Reaction Score
Did anyone hear Diaco's radio show this week? I was driving home listening to it and he said he was thankful he had a bye week following Army because mentally it takes 2 weeks to recover from playing Army.

I'm serious.

Reaction Score
Did anyone hear Diaco's radio show this week? I was driving home listening to it and he said he was thankful he had a bye week following Army because mentally it takes 2 weeks to recover from playing Army.

I'm serious.

It's these comments which are a great cause of concern. I wonder if he really believes this b s .

Reaction Score
Fordham just scored on a pass off a fake punt............up 13-0. Wobbly pass on a fourth and 16....but still might make SportsCenter.

Nebrich was 12 of 13 in first quarter. Fordham dominated first quarter but only came up with FG.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The TD was hilariously bad for Fordham.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Fordham gave it all back at the end of the first quarter. Coaching college football is nowhere near as hard as the geniuses who coach it make it seem.

There is nothing worse than teams who aren't trying to score doing risky things in deep in their own end.

Army would have let them run clock out. Instead they throw three times and Army gets to call time out to force the punt. Here is a shocker - your awful punter who takes forever to kick had it blocked for a TD.

Reaction Score
ASweet3781 said:

I'm serious.

Holy cow. Is there a link to this quote?

How long would it take to recover after facing Alabama? 15 years?

Reaction Score
I love watching Army. If their offense is working they are a fun team to watch (except against UConn). Old time football. They are putting a beat down on Fordham.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah Fordham should have been up big early but a couple of drops killed them. It was 10-0 after they had been dominating. They were still in it until the debacle at the end of the first half. They had no answers on defense in the second half.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Up 11 Army runs a fake victory formation throwing downfield.

Army called timeout with :01 with the ball at the Fordham 1, then took the knee.

Odd endind.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
For those of you surprised by his recovery comments dig a little deeper. Teams that play the service academy's that run triple option( army and navy) have 3 wins the following week. That includes some pretty reputable P5 teams. Mentally it is taxing and requires immense discipline. Playing Alabama will physically beat you up but mentally they are a straight forward team to plan for.

Reaction Score

I'm serious.

Scary.

Reaction Score

I'm serious.

It's Army; but, the triple option is a very unique offense to prep for and wildly different from playing Cincinnati, for example. Thus, I can see a coach wishing for an extra week off to re-train the defense. That coach, if that was the exact quote from Coach D he clearly should have said so a little more diplomatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom