Arkeel Newsome Solid Verbal? | The Boneyard

Arkeel Newsome Solid Verbal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing article. Just curious, why the '?' in your topic?

Reaction Score
Here's another that was posted earlier today in an Arkeel thread on the Recruiting Forum: http://www.thevalleygazette.com/958...saturday-for-state-champion-ansonia-chargers/

Thought these paragraphs were interesting:

>>Now that his high school career is over, he said he had spoken to new UConn head coach Bob Diaco and was eager to begin his college career. At 5’8” and 175 pounds, he is considered small for a Division I running back, but said he working to change that.

“Coach said I should plan on getting the ball a lot,” Newsome said. “I’m working on improving my speed and quickness, and doing a weight-gaining program.”

Newsome said the training regimen included agility drills, including running while pulling a parachute, and weight room work to add upper-body strength while further increasing the power in his legs. He plans to study sports science and nutrition at UConn, with a post-football career goal of one day becoming a physical trainer, and possibly a coach.<<

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing article. Just curious, why the '?' in your topic?
Man, a lot of you "staffers" are so bleeping critical. Get off your high horses and just read what's out ok there. It's a public blog for Christs sake

Reaction Score
Man, a lot of you "staffers" are so bleeping critical. Get off your high horses and just read what's out ok there. It's a public blog for Christs sake
Lighten up Francis, it was a genuine question, not a criticism. Thought maybe there was more to it. So get off your high horse and just read what's out there, okay. It's a public blog for .

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
What's the realistic upside for Arkeel...a player comparison?

Reaction Score
Lighten up Francis, it was a genuine question, not a criticism. Thought maybe there was more to it. So get off your high horse and just read what's out there, okay. It's a public blog for .
yeah. you're right. I'm just gettin a hard time from some "staffers" lately. Just tryin to get some info and share some insight and I get slammed. haha. It is the boneyard afterall, I wouldnt want it any other way.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Both Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith were in the 5'-8" range and around 200 lbs. Provided Mr. Newsome put on about 15-20 lbs of muscle I think I'd be okay with their college production. ;)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
According to Kevin Duffy, he is…

Kevin Duffy ‏@KevinRDuffy22m
Looks like Arkeel Newsome talked w/ Bob Diaco and has decided to stick with #UConn http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Newsome-Brockett-get-keys-to-Ansonia-5069621.php…
Dooley what's your twitter handle? I Like to follow as many BY folks as many retweet from folks I don't follow.

Reaction Score

Marshall Faulk, I like to dream big. Faulk ended up at SDSU because the big schools thought he was defensive back.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Marshall Faulk, I like to dream big. Faulk ended up at SDSU because the big schools thought he was defensive back.

Faulk went for something like 400 yards in his first or second game.

I'll take that :)

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Dooley what's your twitter handle? I Like to follow as many BY folks as many retweet from folks I don't follow.

@DooleyMcGringo I set the thing up a year ago or so I think but only started really following it during our coaching search. Feel free to follow! I added a bunch of B1G affiliated entities a while back just in case of any B1G announcements. ;)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
@DooleyMcGringo I set the thing up a year ago or so I think but only started really following it during our coaching search. Feel free to follow! I added a bunch of B1G affiliated entities a while back just in case of any B1G announcements. ;)
Cool thanks man. It's overwhelming but once I narrowed down who I follow it made it the best way to get the most current info

Reaction Score
I can't imagine any recruits would leave as a result of the coaching change. That's not to say they'll all end up in Storrs, but I can't imagine not having P in the head coach's office would be the reason.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I can't imagine any recruits would leave as a result of the coaching change. That's not to say they'll all end up in Storrs, but I can't imagine not having P in the head coach's office would be the reason.

Makes the Fuchs decision even more baffling.

Reaction Score
I couldn't stand P the coach, but knowing guys who were recruited by him or had a son play for him, they will tell you P the man is a class act, and the type of guy they would send their sons to play for. Take that FWIW.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:
I couldn't stand P the coach, but knowing guys who were recruited by him or had a son play for him, they will tell you P the man is a class act, and the type of guy they would send their sons to play for. Take that FWIW.

Ya, ask the Lagows.

Reaction Score
Ya, ask the Lagows.
Or ask the Riddles out of Meriden, whose son played for P.

The Lagows? Who were upset another qb was taken so they hemmed and hawed about signing a loi? Please.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Who is this P character people keep referencing? What is a Lagow or Fuchs?

These folks are no longer associated with The University of Connecticut or UConn Huskies athletics. It appears as though the athletic department and its director have learned from history and are probably not intent on repeating it. What's past is prologue and I can't wait until mid-April to see the buds of the fruits of the Athletic Department's' labor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I have no doubt there is a car salesman out there, who is over 65, that will be honest and sell you a car that runs well. Unfortunately he doesn't realize that a Lexus and BMW still beats the hell out of your grandfather's Cadillac.

Posting anything positive about a man who has nearly destroyed UConn football is like putting lipstick on a pig.

Reaction Score

If someone offered your kid a free education you would say the same. It's rare you ever hear anything bad about a HC from a parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom