Arkansas @ Mississippi St (10) - 2/27/20 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Arkansas @ Mississippi St (10) - 2/27/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I feel bad for Chelsea Dungee. She worked so hard during her redshirt season to get her weight down, but she is clearly a different person this year. Really tough to watch.
I commented on that in another thread but it was put as a question. I see you noticed the same thing. I remember her last season as a slim, quick player. She looks as if she has gained weight and it seems to have affected her play.

Reaction Score
Alabama says hello, they hot right now. Arkansas isn't all that pretty either, they recently lost to Florida. They can go hot or cold depending on the day. They shot well for the most part tonight but still was trailing 10+ for really the whole game. My issue with Arkansas is their system of street ball jacking up 3's isn't consistent formula in the Long run

MSU and SC are the two best teams in the SEC though.

I'm not sure Arky has a better way right now. I hope they have some stuff coming in. Some interior players would be nice.

Reaction Score
I commented on that in another thread but it was put as a question. I see you noticed the same thing. I remember her last season as a slim, quick player. She looks as if she has gained weight and it seems to have affected her play.

agreed. She's not the same as last years version and the difference is quickness off the dribble.

Reaction Score
It's funny because I was worried about thus game all season, but we ended up losing to Alabama.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score

I have also thought she has gained weight since last season. She looks slower and when she shoots a jumper she doesn't get as high off the floor as she used to. Now, she knows she has gained weight and so does her coach so why isn't something being done to improve this situation? Perhaps it is but last season at the Mizzou game she looked slim and trim and we could not stop her.

Reaction Score
Childish is making snide comments about any bad performance she has as you have a tendency to do. I just pointed it out.

MSU has players transfer for more playing time frequently. We don't obsess over them after they leave and certainly don't hope they fail. I root for them to do well.

We lost a key contributor this fall in Bre'amber Scott, who could have helped us this year. I haven't seen a negative thing written about her transfer anywhere, and she played key minutes last season. Steadied the team after Bibby went down vs South Carolina.

I honestly don't get it. AEH is clearly a good teammate who is well liked. Why not root for her?
Shoes, AEH transfer is more controversial than you may know, there apparently was conflict when she decided to transfer. Sore subject with some on this board, my advice this is UConn board and the moderators and indeed most UConn posters have treated non-UConn fans with respect so just avoid AEH long winded discussions.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Don’t feed the troll.

I have been a member of this board five years longer than you and have 11K more posts. A guy white-knighting for a former UConn player--removed for not following the coach's demands, incidentally--on a UConn board might qualify more as a "troll."

Reaction Score
Was Mingo-Young's absence discussed here or on the telecast?

ETA or Xaria Wiggins?
Coach Schaefer said in his press conference today that he changed up the lineup to shake things up after he felt things had bogged down the last few games and get more offense on the floor due to Arkansas’s style of play. He said he had every intention of playing everyone and he didn’t go into the game with the plan to play A Matharu 38 minutes. He said that he liked how things were working with the group playing so he stayed with them. He emphasized there were no issues or problems with anyone.

Reaction Score
This is what happens when you have shooters on the court especially when a team plays a zone against you. As soon as we got the news that Danberry was granted another year I said that she should start at point/lead guard and Myah should be her backup. Last year we started two guards in Jaz and Jordan who both were terrified to even attempt a three point shot and I figured Vic had learned his lesson and would not go that route again by starting both Myah and Danberry. I was 100% wrong as Vic started another backcourt with two players who don't even attempt threes. In the SEC tournament the starting 5 should be Jordan, Aayliah, Rickea, Bibby, and Jessika. Bench should be Myah, JaMya Mingo, AEH, Xaria Wiggins, and Yemiyah. That team is deep and would cause some problems going forward. But Vic is stubborn as hell and will continue to play both Myah and Jordan together and it will cost them.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
This is what happens when you have shooters on the court especially when a team plays a zone against you. As soon as we got the news that Danberry was granted another year I said that she should start at point/lead guard and Myah should be her backup. Last year we started two guards in Jaz and Jordan who both were terrified to even attempt a three point shot and I figured Vic had learned his lesson and would not go that route again by starting both Myah and Danberry. I was 100% wrong as Vic started another backcourt with two players who don't even attempt threes. In the SEC tournament the starting 5 should be Jordan, Aayliah, Rickea, Bibby, and Jessika. Bench should be Myah, JaMya Mingo, AEH, Xaria Wiggins, and Yemiyah. That team is deep and would cause some problems going forward. But Vic is stubborn as hell and will continue to play both Myah and Jordan together and it will cost them.

Did you actually just type a post telling Vic Schaefer what his starting lineup should be?

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Coach Schaefer said in his press conference today that he changed up the lineup to shake things up after he felt things had bogged down the last few games and get more offense on the floor due to Arkansas’s style of play. He said he had every intention of playing everyone and he didn’t go into the game with the plan to play A Matharu 38 minutes. He said that he liked how things were working with the group playing so he stayed with them. He emphasized there were no issues or problems with anyone.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom