Arkansas @ Mississippi St (10) - 2/27/20 | The Boneyard

Arkansas @ Mississippi St (10) - 2/27/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Starkville, MS - 9:00 PM ET
TV: SEC Network (Tiffany Greene, Carolyn Peck)

Video stream:

Audio:

Live stats:

Reaction Score
Heard Vic presser yesterday, apparently Promise Taylor has decided to leave basketball, looks like she just could not get it back after the layoff due to transfer and surgery. Good luck, Promise.

Reaction Score
Heard Vic presser yesterday, apparently Promise Taylor has decided to leave basketball, looks like she just could not get it back after the layoff due to transfer and surgery. Good luck, Promise.
I hate to see any player’s career cut short by injury. I had high hopes for her as she had a rare combination of size and agility. Best of luck to her. Coach Schaefer said she is on track to graduate in December. Basketball has been a very large part of her life for so long. I pray for guidance and patience for her as she transitions to the next phase of her life.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
MSU has not done a good job defending the three pointer this season. That is a big concern. However Arkansas doesn’t have a go to player with the mix of size, skill, and aggressiveness of R Howard, U Thompson, or J Walker. That may be the saving grace. I’m hopeful the Bulldogs put it together but I think Arkansas takes this one.

Reaction Score
I won't be surprised if either team wins, but our offense has struggled lately. I have doubts that we can outscore them. I also think a full court press against Arkansas is a bad idea. This is a matchup of two very different teams.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Sad to hear about Promise Taylor. I thought she was going to develop into a really good player at Mississippi State with her size and length and a really promising rookie season. Wish her all the best.

Reaction Score
I will be rooting for Arkansas. I do hope the games remains close tie the end..just love nail biters as long as it's my Huskies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This will be an interesting game. I'm not sure why, but I feel like Arkansas could be a tough matchup for MSU.

Arkansas' only two good wins this season, over Kentucky and Tennessee, were enabled by horrendous game planning by the opposing coaches. I have faith that Vic will do better than the Matthew & Kellie show. Arkansas is a unique kind of team that calls for a certain approach on both offense and defense. Gotta take advantage of their weaknesses (size and rebounding) while not letting them go off for 90.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Prayers for her. She seems like a great young lady and I wish her nothing but the best.
This is kinda how I feel about the Batouly Camara situation.

"Sometimes the body is weaker than the soul."

As someone else pointed out, life is more than basketball, and may Promise live up to her name. By all accounts she's a wonderful person.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This is kinda how I feel about the Batouly Camara situation.

"Sometimes the body is weaker than the soul."
and in some of our cases, the mind is weaker than both... ;)

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Really worried about this one. Bama proved their strong play in the win over MSU wasn't a fluke or my imagination, but State is a whisker (OT win at Aubie) away from a 3 game losing streak.

It's time to find that form from earlier in the SEC schedule. 13-3 and 2nd in the SEC behind the #1 team in the country would be a solid regular season for this young team.

I think Jessica Carter is the key tonight. She needs to be Teaira like, or at least Teaira lite.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Like I thought. Scoring easily but not keeping them from scoring.

Carter getting her points easily. Make it continue and we'll be the team doing less than we need.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
Shades of the ole ABA where your best defense was to score.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Jackson had a minor sickness.

I now know it wasn't McCowan who dominated them last year. Arkansas just has no answer against anyone with any little bit of size. Carter has 12 points, 6 for 7, and 6 rebounds already.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
Finally we are playing like we are capable of.

Hopefully we can keep it up!!

Right when I type this, we give up a three and turn the ball over

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom