Arkansas Hogs just got a 5 star | The Boneyard

Arkansas Hogs just got a 5 star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is this their first 5 star ever? #16 HG http://www.todaysthv.com/sports/art...nville-HS-player-Jessica-Jackson-talks-future . The article is from before she verballed but she picked the Hogs today. Really neat to see a highly ranked player stay home and pick a team that the 5 stars normally do not consider. This is what WBB needs in order to grow because right now you have whole conferences like pac 10 big 10 that lose players to acc big east and sec. talent spreads out you get more parity which is good for the game. For whatever reason Arkansas does not get the name recruits even though they are better than a lot of schools that recruit well. they went to NCAA 2nd round only lost by 2 to defending ncaa champs TAMU. Last year and this year I see teams that don't win get great recruits but I respect Arkansas because they won without the big names and now it could help them get better players.

Reaction Score
Good pickup for them, though it's not like Arkansas is an outpost of WCBB. They've been decent over the years.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Yeah, it's cool to see a kid stay close to home. Arkansas has a pretty good WCBB tradition, but that is mainly from Gary Blair.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
and it looks as if Epps has signed with Kentucky.

That's gotta be somewhat of a sting to the Cardinals.

Reaction Score
Is this their first 5 star ever? #16 HG http://www.todaysthv.com/sports/art...nville-HS-player-Jessica-Jackson-talks-future . The article is from before she verballed but she picked the Hogs today. Really neat to see a highly ranked player stay home and pick a team that the 5 stars normally do not consider. This is what WBB needs in order to grow because right now you have whole conferences like pac 10 big 10 that lose players to acc big east and sec. talent spreads out you get more parity which is good for the game. For whatever reason Arkansas does not get the name recruits even though they are better than a lot of schools that recruit well. they went to NCAA 2nd round only lost by 2 to defending ncaa champs TAMU. Last year and this year I see teams that don't win get great recruits but I respect Arkansas because they won without the big names and now it could help them get better players.

Shameka Christon played for Arkansas and is an Arkansas native. I don't know how or even if she was rated though. She is a great player, now with San Antonio.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
and isn't their coach Tom Collen, who recruited and signed Angel McCoughtery........

Just sayin'

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Christy Smith led team to final four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics