Arizona St (19) @ Oregon (5) - 1/18/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arizona St (19) @ Oregon (5) - 1/18/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kianna Ibis's improvement over the past 3 years is very impressive. Very crafty and versatile lefty.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow, Ryan totally got hacked on that 3-point attempt at the buzzer. No call.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow, Ryan totally got hacked on that 3-point attempt at the buzzer. No call.

Probably got fouled on the previous possession as well, no call.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Bad start for ASU to the 2nd half. Oregon with quick buckets by Ionescu and Hebard, stretches the lead to 13, CTT calls timeout.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Critical foul by Johnson-Chapman (who's otherwise playing well) on Ionescu's 3-point attempt with 2 seconds left in 3Q. Makes it 57-47.

I felt like ASU needed to hold Oregon to 65 points or less to have a chance in this game. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen. They're doing just enough to hang around but not enough to threaten.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Holy cow. Out of nowhere ASU hits back-to-back 3s (by the freshman Hanson and then Ibis) to cut the lead to 2 points. Timeout Oregon.

Ibis with just a tremendous game, 20 points so far on 9-12 shooting.

Jamie Ruden also coming up big, 12 points off the bench.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I haven't seen a lot of ASU this year. Hanson impressed me last weekend. Not necessarily a scorer, but does a lot of little things. Looks really physically mature for a Fr. I could see her taking on a much bigger role next year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What an exciting finish! I love Pac 12 women's hoops, lot of good ball being played.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Damn, that long step-back by Cazorla over Ibis was a dagger, puts Oregon back up by 3.

Facing a must-score possession, CTT burns her last timeout with about 50 seconds to play.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Weird stats. Only 2 combined assists for Ionescu and Cazorla, but 43 points on 16-29 shooting.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ekmark hits a 3 that ASU absolutely had to have, cuts it back to 2 with 17 seconds to play. They foul Sabally to put her on the line. She hits both to ice the game, basically.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
ASU keeps coming up just short against really good teams. That is somebody you really don't want to draw in the first round of the Tourney.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Poor ASU, always a bridesmaid in these games vs. top 10 opponents: first Baylor, then Louisville, now Oregon. Can't quite get over that hump.

Reaction Score
Poor ASU, always a bridesmaid in these games vs. top 10 opponents: first Baylor, then Louisville, now Oregon. Can't quite get over that hump.

Shouldn’t hurt them in the rankings, if that’s important to them.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Shouldn’t hurt them in the rankings, if that’s important to them.

Just got back from the game. Great crowd (6,700 or so) and lots of intensity from start to finish. Not quite the Mississippi State game, but impressive nevertheless. Oregon led by 9-13 pts. for most of the game and, even when Arizona State closed to within a basket, as with their games against Baylor and Louisville, Arizona State never seemed (to me, anyway) like they would quite get over the hump. Ibis, however, is a player and their cast of thousands was relentless. I don't think Oregon has had as few assists this season as they had tonight, and I'm almost certain that's the case with Ionescu and Cazorla. One reason was that the Ducks didn't shoot all that well, especially Sabally and Hebard, but Arizona State also did a great job anticipating interior passes (especially Ionescu's).

As for the individual players, I don't think Hebard had a particularly good game, especially on the boards, and Boley was a no show for the third game in a row. Sabally, on the other hand, had her fifth straight very good game imo despite missing a lot of open shots. She was strong on the boards and had four blocks on defense, as well as some nice passes. At times, she seemed to be everywhere on the court. There aren't a lot of 6'4" players who can move like she can or have a skill set comparable to hers. And as good as she's become, she has the potential to be much much better. Cazorla was, well, Cazorla, and the bench was solid. Boley, on the other hand, seems to be going backwards and I wonder if it might be better to bring her off the bench for a few games, if not more. Not last weekend, but I'll take it.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Story of ASU for the past decade. They always play close but only get over the hump once or maybe twice against the really good teams each season. Often, that's in March, so yes, not the team you want to face in the second round...

Reaction Score
Attended the Oregon State vs Arizona game last night. Probably the best Oregon State performance this year. Great defense last night that limited McDonald's penetration. McDonald averages 8 FT attempts, and last night had zero FT attempts. Beavers were 11 for 23 from 3-pt range, and, most of those 3-pointers came from deep penetration and kick out, or terrific ball movement. Beavers are doing a great job of taking what the defense is giving from game to game. Beavers are getting offensive contributions from all players each game. I was impressed with the OSU defensive effort last night as well. ASU will be a great test for OSU Sunday. WIll be at the game. FYI: Destiny Slocum is unreal. I have not seen a better combination of speed, ball handling, ability to get to the hoop and score married with amazing 3-point shooting.

Reaction Score
I missed the cutoff to vote but I can't imagine this game will even be close. If ASU stays within 15 I'd be impressed. They have so much trouble scoring against good teams.
So, I guess you have no imagination then, since the game WAS close (I'm just joking with you). ASU got within 1 point at least twice in the last 2-2 1/2 minutes of the game I believe. I expected a close game as ASU plays all the good teams close. Oregon State will have their hands full Sunday afternoon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom