Arike Who? | The Boneyard

Arike Who?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We all remember that Arike missed a key free throw in the 2019 National Championship game that would have tied the game against Baylor. We also remember the 2018 National Championship game, when she made the buzzer beater from the deep right corner to give Notre Dame the win over Mississippi State. Well, Kawhi Leonard of the Toronto Raptors completed a Full Reverse Arike in the last 10.8 seconds yesterday in a quarterfinal game 7 of the NBA Playoffs.

With Toronto leading by 1 and 10.8 seconds to go, Kawhi was fouled. He made the first FT, but missed the second. Oh, the agony! On the Sixer's ensuing possession, Jimmy Butler raced downcourt for a game-tying layup. Toronto took a time-out with 4.2 seconds remaining and called a play for Leonard, who already had 39 points in the game. He dribbled right, going past defender Ben Simmons, then went into the corner, where 7'0" Joel Embiid came out to contest the shot. Kawhi lofted the ball high into the air. It hit the near rim and bounced straight up. Then it hit the near rim a second time. Then it hit the far rim once and then twice. After bouncing off iron four times, the ball fell through the hoop to give Toronto the game and the series. It was the first Game 7 buzzer beater in NBA history.

Here's the historic play:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:eek:Uhm... you are not gonna be considered the voice of reason much longer if you keep posting gut punching stuff like this to an entire city.
My first though: Agony.
My second thought: Jody Meeks is still in the league?

Last edited:

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Who cares? I don't because I am on the UConn Women's Basketball forum. Hmm. But it is an original way to get Not Basketball Anymore posts here on this forum...:rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
In this this game we witnessed the pendulum swing both ways, We saw the thrill of victory :D, and the agony of defeat :(. None of the players on the floor at game's end will ever forget that game.

Where does Leonard play next season? Is he done in Toronto, or will he re-up? The envelope is talking to me, but I'm not saying...................................yet. :) Stay tuned.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In this this game we witnessed the pendulum swing both ways, We saw the thrill of victory :D, and the agony of defeat :(. None of the players on the floor at game's end will ever forget that game.

Where does Leonard play next season? Is he done in Toronto, or will he re-up? The envelope is talking to me, but I'm not saying..........yet. :) Stay tuned.
I believe Toronto can offer $50M more than other teams. The U.S. dollar is strong in Canada. His contract will be in 9 figures. Not bad for an under-the-radar player from San Diego State!

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
:eek:Uhm... you are not gonna be considered the voice of reason much longer if you keep posting gut punching stuff like this to an entire city.
My first though: Agony.
My second thought: Jody Meeks is still in the league?
I lived in Philly and was a Sixer fan for 30 years or so, including when Wilt was there and when the Doctor played. I was fairly neutral yesterday. The NBA had TWO Game 7s yesterday, so there was a lot of excitement. Former Lehigh star C.J. McCallum led Portland to a win in Denver, which was good news for Eastern Pennsylvania.

This was the first buzzer beater ever in a Game 7. Lots and lots of drama. To add to it, the ball bounced around the rim and player and fans watched and watched. It was very exciting for the league, exhilarating for the Toronto fans, and heartbreaking for the Philly fans.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
41 points on 39 shots, sounds like Arike to me:D

Hardly representative of Kawai's offensive efficiency. No one on his team was hitting open shots so he had to take it on himself. Not Arike's situation. And lets not even mention the disparity in defense.

On a side note, I very much enjoyed the heart breaking loss of the Philidelphia team after the classless way they (i.e. Embiid) played the Brooklyn Nets. Nice watching him sob like a baby on the way out the arena. :D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hardly representative of Kawai's offensive efficiency. No one on his team was hitting open shots so he had to take it on himself. Not Arike's situation. And lets not even mention the disparity in defense.

On a side note, I very much enjoyed the heart breaking loss of the Philidelphia team after the classless way they (i.e. Embiid) played the Brooklyn Nets. Nice watching him sob like a baby on the way out the arena.
That's the nature of "FANatics"... One poster talking about how hard it was to see the poor guy in tears after the game, and another one rubbing it in.

My point is some BY'ers wonder about the hatred many of us feel towards Tennessee. It comes from a rich rivalry that turned horribly bitter. Each side feels the other is wrong, and they will never believe/feel anything different. Similar to how Sox vs. Yankees fans feel about the other teams/fans etc... Lots of great rivalries out there with fans hating on one team or another, or a player etc...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom