Ariana Freeman Verbals to Louisville | The Boneyard

Ariana Freeman Verbals to Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Hoopgurlz - Link

This according to a tweet by Jody Demling who covers Louisville Sports Ariana is ranked in the Top 30. Louisville taking advantage of their Final Four appearance.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Taking advantage would be a top 20 recruit. Maybe even better.

She was looking at Virginia, Colorado and West Virginia. Not exactly top competition.

Ranked 35 and number 8 wing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

She was looking at Virginia, Colorado and West Virginia. Not exactly top competition.

Read a newspaper article dated from March, that she was interested in Tennessee, Kentucky, Penn State, and Syracuse. Whether or not, the schools reciprocated the interest, I have no idea.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...riana-freeman-of-paul-vi-reopens-recruitment/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...riana-freeman-of-paul-vi-reopens-recruitment/

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I think Geno said it best on that Fox Sports radio interview the other day. There are very few players available who can win you championships as opposed to players who can make you good or make you better. Louisville has been successful in recruiting players who have made them better. Sounds like Freeman may be that type of player. Walz has yet to land that signature player who can win a championship (and overcome the 30-point deficit to UConn). But as Geno said, there aren't a lot of those types of players around.

In other recruiting news, South Carolina recently received a commitment from A'ja Wilson's AAU teammate and Hoopgurlz #19 Kaydra Duckett (G, 2014).

Reaction Score

Blue Star has Freeman ranked #14.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Just to think how close Louisville was to landing Russell must make those fans sick. Would she have added that extra something that would have put them in a position to win a championship?

U

UCONNfan1

I think Geno said it best on that Fox Sports radio interview the other day. There are very few players available who can win you championships as opposed to players who can make you good or make you better. Louisville has been successful in recruiting players who have made them better. Sounds like Freeman may be that type of player. Walz has yet to land that signature player who can win a championship (and overcome the 30-point deficit to UConn). But as Geno said, there aren't a lot of those types of players around.

In other recruiting news, South Carolina recently received a commitment from A'ja Wilson's AAU teammate and Hoopgurlz #19 Kaydra Duckett (G, 2014).
Ugh...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
All good points and I do agree but Louisville did sign a program changer that wasn't highly ranked in Angel McCoughtrey(sp?)

I wish they would have landed Russell. I think Jeff Walz is a savvy coach and will one day get they recruiting rolling in a higher direction.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Ugh...
I second that Uggghhh, but I wouldn't be that upset if A'ja went to South Carolina. She could really help that program and I like Dawn Staley.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here's a third UGH. I really hope we get A'ja. Geno and staff can help her reach her considerable potential. She has Olympian written all over her.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If A'Ja doesn't go to UConn, I'd have no problem with her going to S Carolina. Going to a power program like Stanford, ND, Tennessee, Baylor, etc. would suck for us. Helping SC get its program up to another level (but probably not elite level even with her)? That's cool.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hey - I want A'ja too, but I really only have two programs on my list that I hope never get another top 100 recruit. Of course both programs break my heart every year by doing just that, but I am an eternal optimist! (Not saying which two, but if you were to mix the two schools dominant color, you would get a muddy brown and between them I think they have 9 NCs.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom