Argh!! Cptv Just Blacked Out!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Argh!! Cptv Just Blacked Out!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder how long we'll have to wait to be able to swee the archived show. I went to the HoopStreams page and it said "watch live." Clicking on that, of course, got me nothing, because the live broadcast was long over. Oh well......

Reaction Score
Still waiting here to watch the archived Geno show. It's been 5 hours. Hope this isn't how it will be this season.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly last year, it took them until the next day to archive shows and games, but I could be wrong. I'm just used to being disappointed by Hoopstreams. It's still better than not seeing it at all though, that's for sure!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Apparently he's aware that some people feel that he was at least partly responsible for the ND loss.

Disappointing news about Buck and Johnson.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
VTC, but his appraisal of where the error was made is different than most all of them.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Laissez le bon temps roller!!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Vic, but his appraisal of where the error was made is different than most all of them.

Agreed except I think he just didn't admit the other coaching mistakes. Or at least what many fans considered coaching mistakes.

Reaction Score
Apparently he's aware that some people feel that he was at least partly responsible for the ND loss.

Disappointing news about Buck and Johnson.

He is falling on the sword. A trait of positive leadership.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly last year, it took them until the next day to archive shows and games, but I could be wrong. I'm just used to being disappointed by Hoopstreams. It's still better than not seeing it at all though, that's for sure!

CPTV has told me: "Archives are normally available within 24 hours."

That has been the case for the past few years.

Patience is a virtue.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score

He's aware that some people feel that? Hell, he feels that himself!

That was a comment you'll rarely see anyone make about him/herself. It's very impressive he is so honest.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Very true. He did speak of it in a broader context than simply conditioning. Part of it in KML's case was the toughness already on display in literally transforming her body over the summer so she could be prepared at the next level from a fitness standpoint. The other part is something innate, being able to play through the fatigue that will still set in at some point, no matter how fit you are, and staying mentally tough, mentally sharp as you point out. She does sound like a great one, doesn't she...?

She sounds a great deal like DT, it seems to me. He even made the Eddie Haskell reference regarding Kaleena.

I've read on the board lots of talk comparing her to Maya, which struck me as odd because the parallels to D are so much more obvious. And not just because they're both SCal kids.

Speaking of which: No reference at all to Lauren in the show. All others got a mention.

C'mon, Lauren, force them to give you some props!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Really entertaining....just makes you want the season to start NOW!
BTW: I got to see Kelly do some shooting drills in September. Her three ball was somewhat erratic but whenever they switched to medium range shots....say 8'-15' from straight-on or from the wing I thought she was near automatic. She wasn't good....she was great. Apparently that session was not a one-time thing....YES!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Agreed except I think he just didn't admit the other coaching mistakes. Or at least what many fans considered coaching mistakes.
Agreed, I'll go with Geno's self appraisal. The odds are better with it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I hope this continues to hold true and if it does I will be very happy. Exporting the CPTV signal to my large screen from any of my iPad, iPhone or MacBook Pro through Apple TV was very easy and with a good signal from the samples they had on the page. As soon as the archive copy of the Geno Show is up I will test it.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I kept waiting for him to mention Engeln too. That can't be a good sign.

Reaction Score
kml has a great understanding of the game. she is really rare . those players tend to spend a lot less time running around expending energy uselessly. they are especially rare in women's basketball. it is delightful to focus just on them when they're playing. they move only when they need to, but when they do they explode. someone who comes to mind right away, a player who certainly didn't look in great shape, is epiphanny prince. she was, and is, a sneaky defensive player, and i think kml will be similar. these players seem to have a 6th sense when it comes to knowing where the ball is going to be. it's something that can't be taught. and i think that when breanna stewart arrives ,we'll find ourselves with yet another out of that same mold. that team in 2 years may be the best uconn has seen.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She sounds a great deal like DT, it seems to me. He even made the Eddie Haskell reference regarding Kaleena.

I've read on the board lots of talk comparing her to Maya, which struck me as odd because the parallels to D are so much more obvious. And not just because they're both SCal kids.

Speaking of which: No reference at all to Lauren in the show. All others got a mention.

C'mon, Lauren, force them to give you some props!

I think Kaleena is more like Diana in terms of personality. Maya was quieter and more respectful. Kaleena is more outgoing and a bit of a ringleader. I think the So. Cal. culture affects her. Dee remains the only women's college player I've seen hit a ref on the butt.

Kaleena may be more like Dee in terms of athleticism too. Maya was off the charts. KML and Dee are very good, but different.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
kml has a great understanding of the game. she is really rare . those players tend to spend a lot less time running around expending energy uselessly. they are especially rare in women's basketball. it is delightful to focus just on them when they're playing. they move only when they need to, but when they do they explode. someone who comes to mind right away, a player who certainly didn't look in great shape, is epiphanny prince. she was, and is, a sneaky defensive player, and i think kml will be similar. these players seem to have a 6th sense when it comes to knowing where the ball is going to be. it's something that can't be taught. and i think that when breanna stewart arrives ,we'll find ourselves with yet another out of that same mold. that team in 2 years may be the best uconn has seen.
KML showed up at Mater Dei as a 13-year old freshman and was the best player from day 1. She is truly exceptional.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I think Kaleena is more like Diana in terms of personality. Maya was quieter and more respectful. Kaleena is more outgoing and a bit of a ringleader. I think the So. Cal. culture affects her. Dee remains the only women's college player I've seen hit a ref on the butt.

Kaleena may be more like Dee in terms of athleticism too. Maya was off the charts. KML and Dee are very good, but different.

She did that??? LOL !

Reaction Score
I missed it last night and was hoping to watch it during the day before the kids got home...no dice...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I sent a question about it to CPTV.

Reaction Score
i think cptv's worst experience was Maya Moore and Laurin Dixon senior game ceremony ... who wasn't mad the day lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom