Aresco Talking During the USF RU Game | The Boneyard

Aresco Talking During the USF RU Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
They asked how ND leaving will affect the conference. He said it won't affect football in terms of scheduling (duh) and he believes basketball is still one of the strongest basketball conferences top to bottom. He then goes on to list the programs that make the conference so good top to bottom, including...

G'Town
Marquette
St. John's
Nova

2 things. First the more likely of the 2. The left out the team that just won a National Title in 2011. Now the more fun, conspiracy kitty version. He knows we are leaving.

Reaction Score
Aside from being a UConn alum, maybe it slipped his mind...besides there wasn't anything happening at UConn today to remind him. Pretty boring day in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Conspiracy kitty would say Aresco helped UConn out by getting ND to leave.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
They asked how ND leaving will affect the conference. He said it won't affect football in terms of scheduling (duh) and he believes basketball is still one of the strongest basketball conferences top to bottom. He then goes on to list the programs that make the conference so good top to bottom, including...

G'Town
Marquette
St. John's
Nova

2 things. First the more likely of the 2. The Replicant left out the team that just won a National Title in 2011. Now the more fun, conspiracy kitty version. He knows we are leaving.

I actually took it as a way for him to avoid one of the announcers being an idiot and saying, "But now, UConn will have to show they can do it without Jim Calhoun." I think this guy, like most former tv execs, is a chess player. He prepared himself for three moves ahead. Or, I'm giving him way too much credit. One of the two...

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
That's not the first time that he has discussed BE basketball strength and left out the 3-time national champion. Hmmm!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That's not the first time that he has discussed BE basketball strength and left out the 3-time national champion. Hmmm!

C'mon, everyone! I know that PA might have had the "sarcastic meter" running, but for any of you who are actually serious about that, here is an excerpt from earlier today between Aresco and Adelson of ESPN:

That has added to the perception that the Big East is a league on the verge of falling apart. Aresco's response to those assertions?
"Complete nonsense," he said. "First of all. I've read some of the articles. Some have been fair, others haven't been fair. We have a great basketball conference. Notre Dame -- we enjoy having the relationship -- but when you have Louisville, Cincinnati, Marquette, and UConn and Georgetown and Villanova and an up-and-coming St. John's, the possibility of DePaul doing well in Chicago, and adding Memphis and Temple, two strong programs. ... When you have all that, how can anybody argue we aren't top to bottom the best basketball conference in the country? We're right up there."

Is everyone cool with it now? Good...

Reaction Score
C'mon, everyone! I know that PA might have had the "sarcastic meter" running, but for any of you who are actually serious about that, here is an excerpt from earlier today between Aresco and Adelson of ESPN:

That has added to the perception that the Big East is a league on the verge of falling apart. Aresco's response to those assertions?
"Complete nonsense," he said. "First of all. I've read some of the articles. Some have been fair, others haven't been fair. We have a great basketball conference. Notre Dame -- we enjoy having the relationship -- but when you have Louisville, Cincinnati, Marquette, and UConn and Georgetown and Villanova and an up-and-coming St. John's, the possibility of DePaul doing well in Chicago, and adding Memphis and Temple, two strong programs. ... When you have all that, how can anybody argue we aren't top to bottom the best basketball conference in the country? We're right up there."

Is everyone cool with it now? Good...
way to rain on that parade. I'm willing to cling to anything at this point.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
2 things. First the more likely of the 2. The Replicant left out the team that just won a National Title in 2011. Now the more fun, conspiracy kitty version. He knows we are leaving.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Shhhhh! X-nay on the eaving-lay

Reaction Score
Aside from being a UConn alum, maybe it slipped his mind...besides there wasn't anything happening at UConn today to remind him. Pretty boring day in Storrs.
Law school alum, not undergrad. Maybe he never saw Storrs.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Law school alum, not undergrad. Maybe he never saw Storrs.
Yeah maybe he was always in Hartford.

You know, right next to the Civic Center. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom