Aresco on 1PM show from Memphis last week | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aresco on 1PM show from Memphis last week

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Perhaps, but it’s a far cry from “being able to do all these things today” to becoming the new paradigm in how games are watched—and the added value it may bring to various platforms. When shopping online began there were many who dismissed it on credit card security grounds or “I need to try on the clothes” arguments. So when Amazon started you could easily have said, what’s the big deal, I can “do all these things today”. But Amazon made the entire on-line shopping process easier to navigate, and the rest is history.
Let’s see what happens once the buzz about in-game wagering begins (spurred by incessant ads) and the wagering process becomes easier to navigate. My sense is if it becomes ubiquitous, the impact of the gambling ruling on TV revenue won’t be “overblown.” Just ask some Amazon investors.

Listen I know you enjoy smelling your own farts but here are five words:

Draft Kings and Fan Duel.

Paradigm. LOL. Did you think the MAC was playing on Tuesdays because they can’t figure out the calendar? The ‘New Mexico Bowl’ exists because of local demand?

BTW when Amazon started you pretty much could do none of those things. When do you think Amazon started? When Big Red posted the links?

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I love when new paradigms collide.

In game wagering and streaming television are completely at odds with each other.

I love when people sound like Francesa talking about an app or starting a Twitter account.

Reaction Score
That's another way to look at it, that I would agree with.

I feel like the Big East Football Conference, as a whole, was less than the sum of its parts.

Given that nearly every single team that ever played in the league besides UConn, USF, Temple, and Cincinnati have moved on to bigger platforms, it's tough to say that the league members weren't worthy of playing in the P5.
The interesting thing about this is that it was schools with long football histories at the D1 level who moved and except for WVU, Syracuse and Pitt who went recently, all were really successful originally in their new league before falling back to the new league mean. The old Big East football league was actually a better league than the ACC .

Note: Rutgers is Rutgers. Generally embarrassing wherever it goes.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Perhaps, but it’s a far cry from “being able to do all these things today” to becoming the new paradigm in how games are watched—and the added value it may bring to various platforms. When shopping online began there were many who dismissed it on credit card security grounds or “I need to try on the clothes” arguments. So when Amazon started you could easily have said, what’s the big deal, I can “do all these things today”. But Amazon made the entire on-line shopping process easier to navigate, and the rest is history.
Let’s see what happens once the buzz about in-game wagering begins (spurred by incessant ads) and the wagering process becomes easier to navigate. My sense is if it becomes ubiquitous, the impact of the gambling ruling on TV revenue won’t be “overblown.” Just ask some Amazon investors.
Amazon started as an online bookstore. It was what Zappos is for shoes. It took nearly a decade and a half for it to evolve into what it is today.

Reaction Score
Listen I know you enjoy smelling your own farts but here are five words: Draft Kings and Fan Duel

LOL you’re conflating Fan Duel and Draft Kings fantasy hijinx with in-game wagering. Apples and Oranges.
And you can get all technical about my example, but whether it was Zappos or Amazon the point is when the process is simplified (and demystified) and the buzz makes it more than simply acceptable, watch out for explosive growth.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL you’re conflating Fan Duel and Draft Kings fantasy hijinx with in-game wagering. Apples and Oranges.
And you can get all technical about my example, but whether it was Zappos or Amazon the point is when the process is simplified (and demystified) and the buzz makes it more than simply acceptable, watch out for explosive growth.

Strong talk from a guy who is wrong 99.9% of the time.

You got through this post with fewer ridiculous buzzwords though. Congrats.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom