Aresco Interview | The Boneyard

Aresco Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The Tre is just showing a "Your event is currently as halftime" notice and they're not showing the Aresco interview.

Other than the tidbit already out there of the conference looking for a 14th team and having a championship game, is there anything new?

Reaction Score
The Tre is just showing a "Your event is currently as halftime" notice and they're not showing the Aresco interview.

Other than the tidbit already out there of the conference looking for a 14th team and having a championship game, is there anything new?

He said he believes the Big East deserves a place among college athletics "Big Five" conference.
"We think we deserve access on the larger bowl picture," Aresco said. "We've reconstituted the football conference in a way I don't think people fully grasp yet. ... It's a lot stronger football conference than we've been given credit for.

There's a pretty huge divide between our conference and anything below us. And almost no gap between us and a lot of the Big Five, what they're calling the Big Five. ... We say it's the Big Six. I'm not going to yield on that at all. This conference is [part of] the Big Six."

As for UConn's future, Aresco said he knows athletic director Warde Manuel and looks forward to meeting President Susan Herbst. He worked with Herbst's brother Steve at CBS, so there's a connection.

So while the likes of UConn, Rutgers, Louisville and Cincinnati have been rumored to be looking elsewhere, Aresco doesn't expect more defections.

"I think they'll stay," Aresco said. "I think they'll want to stay because we'll work hard to keep them here, we'll work hard to show them that this conference is a great conference, we'll work hard to get the kind of TV deal that provides the financial stability as well as the exposure ... We think everybody is committed to this conference."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-notebook-0831-20120830,0,4993343.story

Reaction Score
Chin - Hows the picture for you on 3?
I'm watching on my laptop and it seems one of the 3 cameras being used has haze on the lens, or maybe its my computer?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Chin - Hows the picture for you on 3?
I'm watching on my laptop and it seems one of the 3 cameras being used has haze on the lens, or maybe its my computer?

It's rough, but I'm using the wifi signal and using my laptop to feed my HDTV.

Whenever I use the desktop, the picture is usually better (but I deferred to my son so he could catch on some beyblade episodes).

Reaction Score
Looking forward to meeting Herbst? Wasn't there a rumor on realignment board that he held an emergency meeting with her in light of UConn's rumored courting by ACC?

pj

Reaction Score
Looking forward to meeting Herbst? Wasn't there a rumor on realignment board that he held an emergency meeting with her in light of UConn's rumored courting by ACC?

That was a prank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer