Aresco Finally Mentioned Us | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aresco Finally Mentioned Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I find it ironic that many of the posters who attack Aresco are silent as to expressing negative opinions of UConn's leadership during realignment.

We're scolded that Herbst and Manuel inherited the mess, they've only been on the job for a year, they can't control the actions of other confetences, what do you want them to do, and on and on and on.

Yet Aresco inherited a mess, has only been on the job for a short while, and is powerless to prevent defections, including RU, Lville and the C7.

He is left with largely third tier schools athetically and trying to sell them to a numb market.

I'd rather the vigor of attack more constructively be placed to encourage UConn's leadership to double down on their efforts to secure UConn's athletic future, because I have news for you, no one outside UConn, including Aresco, has that description in their job title.
My comments are purely realted to what Aresco can control, which is how he portrays the league and us. The cow pie press conference where he extolled Ville the day before they left is a good example. There hasn't been one word promoting UConn in the new league - totally wihtin his control and for that he deserves a raspbery.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I'd rather the vigor of attack more constructively be placed to encourage UConn's leadership to double down on their efforts to secure UConn's athletic future, because I have news for you, no one outside UConn, including Aresco, has that description in their job title.

Natural momentum will start to build if UConn loses to "Coaching Hot Seat" wonder Randy Edsall. I'm thinking Randy'll get fired from MD just in time for CT to rehire him to replace HCPP.

#2 versus #15. It will be our only top 25 match up this year :)

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I don't ever want to hear what an empty suit like Mike Aresco thinks is best for UConn.

We're stuck in that failure monkey's conference at the moment, but God, every time he opens his mouth, dumb comes flying out...

"This is the best place for (UConn and Cincinnati),'' said Aresco. "Look at the Pac-12, the Big Ten, the SEC and the ACC and the footprints those have. We're not geographically different than anyone else.''

Jesus, what a buffoon. Like our "footprint" means anything, Mr. Heap Big TV Man.
The sad thing is that even his point about the footprint is flawed. This new conference has considerably worse travel and a more illogical footprint than each of the others that he mentioned.

Reaction Score
Fade into mediocrity?
LOL Where exactly do you think U conn football is now?
Waiting for the chicken shiets up in Boston to schedule a game.

Reaction Score
Yes that will really matter. Just like it did with Rutgers Maryland Pitt And Syracuse. They were perennially top 25 football programs before they left for the B1G and ACC.
All those schools have tradition in D-1 football which UConn does not. That's the only reason they get picked first.

Reaction Score
Tell me about Rutgers tradition. Yale and army have tradition too.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Firstly, he didn't actually say UConn - Katz put that in there with the parentheses - but presumably he was speaking about us and Cincinnati. Secondly, who calls Storrs as Hartford-area and being metropolitan? I didn't go to UConn but perhaps the alumni on the board can regale us with their great stories of going out in Hartford for a big night on the town while in undergrad?

Nope...never did that really. Hartford was where you went when you were home for the weekend or summer.

Reaction Score
I find it ironic that many of the posters who attack Aresco are silent as to expressing negative opinions of UConn's leadership during realignment.

We're scolded that Herbst and Manuel inherited the mess, they've only been on the job for a year, they can't control the actions of other confetences, what do you want them to do, and on and on and on.

Yet Aresco inherited a mess, has only been on the job for a short while, and is powerless to prevent defections, including RU, Lville and the C7.

He is left with largely third tier schools athetically and trying to sell them to a numb market.

I don't hav a problem with the need to hold our new admin accountable. But the vitriol directed at Aresco is thoroughly well deserved. He has done nothing to make UCONN's fan base be enthusiastic about our new home. It's like he looks to sh *t on us whenevr he has an opportunity. To completely ignore UCONNs accomplishments this week is insulting to our entire alumni. Why do you think we are all so angry. He's giving is zero reason to express any desire to feel good about the ramming we have taken in the last 18 months.
I have zero sympathy for this pompous ass. Our lack o confidence in him is just another reason I want out.

Reaction Score
The irony of your statement makes it easy to just keep driving by. Even BCU fans trash talk has become mediocre.

Who knows mediocrity when they see it better than a BCU fan?

Reaction Score
Fade into mediocrity?
LOL Where exactly do you think U conn football is now?

Thanking god that they aren't BC. If you want to trash-talk I can give you some pointers:

1) find your inferiors and trash-talk them: I suggest you post on a BU or UNH board, and lord over them. Picking a board where you are inferior to the program you want to trash, while good comedic relief, doesn't make us take you seriously.

2) Actually have the ability to back up the trash-talk: There is no sense in trash-talking if you can't actually back it up. It allows for very easy rebuttals.
Ex. Attempted Insult: "Fade into mediocrity? LOL Where exactly do you think U conn football is now?" Easy Rebuttal: Upset that we are 10-14 over the last two years. However, I suppose things could be worse...we could be BC (6-18), whose fan base would sacrifice a virgin for a 5 win season. I won't bore you with discussions about basketball because let's face it...I would laugh rather than dignify a discussion about BC basketball with a response.

and:

3) If you can't be successful, at least be relevant: In order for you to compare yourselves to Uconn, I at least recommend you be worth paying attention to. Oh wait...I forgot who I was talking to.

I know, you may want to respond and argue that your hockey team is the standard for the college hockey world, and who knows, that may well be true. They are successful. However, I will leave you with a little anecdote. Until I found out that UConn wanted to join Hockey East (I honestly have never heard of it before) I didn't know hockey was played at a college level. Congratulations to all of your success. It must be difficult to excel at a sport in which only 59 schools participate. It's just hard to take you seriously when you excel at sport that something called Bemidji State University plays as well.

Reaction Score
I don't hav a problem with the need to hold our new admin accountable. But the vitriol directed at Aresco is thoroughly well deserved. He has done nothing to make UCONN's fan base be enthusiastic about our new home. It's like he looks to sh *t on us whenevr he has an opportunity. To completely ignore UCONNs accomplishments this week is insulting to our entire alumni. Why do you think we are all so angry. He's giving is zero reason to express any desire to feel good about the ramming we have taken in the last 18 months.
I have zero sympathy for this pompous ass. Our lack o confidence in him is just another reason I want out.

Really? Do you really think there is anything he can say to make you feel "enthusiastic about our new home"? When he says something to try to spin the new conference in a positive light, he's damned for not specifically mentioning UConn. If he doesn't try to spin the new conference, he isn't doing that right either because he isn't specifically naming UConn. Maybe he learned his lesson about talking up a team that was rumored to leave at the drop of hat when Louisville left the day after he did it to them? So it makes sense, promote the two best teams you have so other conferences may wake up and grab them too. While we would appreciate that, it's not in his interest to do so.

So in six and half months he has been here he was supposed to wave his magic wand and make everything better right? He wasn't able to get us a good TV contract? Hmm, I wonder why, maybe because the conference he is selling isn't very good? But again he should have waved that magic wand. Our home is whatever this new mess will be until it isn't, you might want to accept that, because for the foreseeable future it's home.

The wheels of this crap were in motion well before these guys took over, you need to blame someone you have look back further than these guys, there was little they could have done about what has transpired in the short amount of time they have been on the job. But guys like you you need to blame someone no matter so this like everything else will fall on deaf ears.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Cincy and UConn are the Gonzaga and St Marys of Atlantis 12 football.

Yes I am registering Atlantis-12 as a domain. For good luck :)

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
Really? Do you really think there is anything he can say to make you feel "enthusiastic about our new home"? When he says something to try to spin the new conference in a positive light, he's damned for not specifically mentioning UConn. If he doesn't try to spin the new conference, he isn't doing that right either because he isn't specifically naming UConn. Maybe he learned his lesson about talking up a team that was rumored to leave at the drop of hat when Louisville left the day after he did it to them? So it makes sense, promote the two best teams you have so other conferences may wake up and grab them too. While we would appreciate that, it's not in his interest to do so.

So in six and half months he has been here he was supposed to wave his magic wand and make everything better right? He wasn't able to get us a good TV contract? Hmm, I wonder why, maybe because the conference he is selling isn't very good? But again he should have waved that magic wand. Our home is whatever this new mess will be until it isn't, you might want to accept that, because for the foreseeable future it's home.

The wheels of this crap were in motion well before these guys took over, you need to blame someone you have look back further than these guys, there was little they could have done about what has transpired in the short amount of time they have been on the job. But guys like you you need to blame someone no matter so this like everything else will fall on deaf ears.
If he has nothing to add, why are we paying him $1 MILLION/year?

Reaction Score
I can't begin to imagine why I would care what Aresco says about UCONN. He knows we want out and has to put as good a face on that as he can.

Reaction Score
I can't begin to imagine why I would care what Aresco says about UCONN. He knows we want out and has to put as good a face on that as he can.

Aresco saying that the new conference is the best place for anyone (let alone UConn) is like Buffalo Bill taunting that girl in his basement pit in Silence of the Lambs

Reaction Score
What is it you realistically expect him to add? We can't keep the midling teams we have from running for greener pastures do you think schools from better conferences (money conferences) are going to up and leave to join us? Yeah ok smoke another one if that's what you expect. The teams he can grab are from lesser conferences, hopefully with upside, Tulane is the only headscratcher that he has added, I would have hoped for a Southern Miss or Tulsa, or even Marshall before I would have gotten to them.

And he is getting the salary based on theposition and experience he brought in TV relations, problem being is he never got to use them with the teams that were in the conference when he was hired, everyone kept leaving, so that brings us back to selling what he has, we will be the crappiest conference with the best exposure, use it, build off it, what other option do we have.

Reaction Score
What is it you realistically expect him to add? We can't keep the midling teams we have from running for greener pastures do you think schools from better conferences (money conferences) are going to up and leave to join us? Yeah ok smoke another one if that's what you expect. The teams he can grab are from lesser conferences, hopefully with upside, Tulane is the only headscratcher that he has added, I would have hoped for a Southern Miss or Tulsa, or even Marshall before I would have gotten to them.

And he is getting the salary based on theposition and experience he brought in TV relations, problem being is he never got to use them with the teams that were in the conference when he was hired, everyone kept leaving, so that brings us back to selling what he has, we will be the crappiest conference with the best exposure, use it, build off it, what other option do we have.
At present there are no other options, so lets start making ourselves comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom