Aresco did it again <sigh>... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aresco did it again <sigh>...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From a story posted on UCFSports.com:

This is what's going to build this conference. I think we've got top-of-the-line basketball already, especially with Louisville in the conference for another year. I think we've got 5-6 tournament teams.

There is no explanation for this sentence.

Reaction Score
You make good points about catering to the audience of the interviewer and also about pumping up the league. However, the subtle point UConn fans are making is; "This (UConn) omission happens again and again and again." So if this was a Memphis audience, he would mention them and everyone else but UConn, or if this was a Houston audience, everyone but UConn, again. At least, that is what "seems" to be happening. This is why many of us posters are puzzled. So the conclusion is, he is either intelligent and purposeful of our omission, or dumb and incompetent. Some of us give him the benefit of the doubt.
The rest of them don't seem to mind that he makes $1 million/year. In CT, we do mind.

Reaction Score
I keep hoping he's not as big an as he comes across when it comes to us. My bet is SH told him that when we get a chance we're so outta here and he's ticked about it. Now reality is we may be stuck in the AAC for a loooonnnnnnggggg time so he should suck it up and be promoting us.

If UCONN needs Aresco to promote it, it's in deep trouble. Build professional promotion and marketing around an immediately (no time for long-term "plans") exciting FB product and people will notice. The "UCONN" brand still has cache. It's still an asset. But, more mediocrity will equal tarnish. Speed it up, folks.

Reaction Score
From a story posted on UCFSports.com:

>>I think we've got top-of-the-line basketball already, especially with Louisville in the conference for another year. I think we've got 5-6 tournament teams.
View attachment 2935
It truly is bizarre not to mention the only Men's Basketball team to win 3 NC's in the past 14 years when you are "selling" your conference....It's like talking up the ACC and leaving out Duke or the SEC and leaving out KY.

UConn is the face of the AAC until they are no longer in the AAC. Aresco either knows something or the section of his brain where the word "UConn" resides is closed for repairs.

Reaction Score
When you say Pasqualoni ... you say it all.

That's my promotion of UConn Football ... Today.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
maybe he thinks we're leaving or something, so he's bumping up the other schools

when talking about the conference's strength, he should mention us in hoops >>>>>>> Louisville, and maybe even throw in the fact that the conference owns the best team in WBB

he needs a publicist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104