Aresco 11am Interview | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aresco 11am Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If Diaco bombed out then WM should go!!!
Diaco is Warde's signature hire (more so than Cavanaugh given that FB is a higher profile sport) but, as I've said before, I can't fault him for hiring Diaco, if HCBD flames out. On paper he looked like a great hire and may yet turn out to be just that.

Reaction Score
If you want to point out where I said Warde, Susan or Aresco aren't doing their job to the best of their abilities, go ahead.

My point was as it relates to conference realignment is that a) I doubt anything they do or say would mean much and b) even if it did, they wouldn't do it because they need to protect their future in case they want to move on in the future.

I find your comment about "message board posters" to be ridiculous

My family is from CT, my parents, family and myself all went to UConn. UConn plays a big part in our lives.

To Herbst and Manuel, it's a salary, just like any other job that me or you work at. Your loyalty to that job extends about as far as your last paycheck.

So, yes, I can unequivocally say, I'm more invested into the academic and athletic success than someone who may skip town when the next best offer comes.

I'm not going to repeat what I already said. I will only point out that when you say that they wouldn't do something they could do, because it might effect a future job, you are exactly saying that they wouldn't be doing their jobs to the best of their abilities.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm not going to repeat what I already said. I will only point out that when you say that they wouldn't do something they could do, because it might effect a future job, you are exactly saying that they wouldn't be doing their jobs to the best of their abilities.

I respect your opinions, I just see this differently.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You're allowed. (Heck, that's better than my sons who see things differently without respecting my opinion.)

BTW, I don't disagree with much of what you're saying. Think it's more gray area and semantics than anything.

Reaction Score
So no corporate lawyer would ever sue a business on behalf of a client because, otherwise, one day, the potential defendant might offer them a job? Yes. Now I finally know why there is so litle litigation in this country.

Absurd.
Well will BC ever vouch for us after we sued them?

Reaction Score
I get what. CBH is saying. Neither Warde or Sue is going to come out publicly and accuse the P5, of being a money grubbing, anti competition, cartel because it won't look good when you apply for a job at one of those schools. Now if they can get us into cartel it will be all good!!!!

Reaction Score
Diaco is Warde's signature hire (more so than Cavanaugh given that FB is a higher profile sport) but, as I've said before, I can't fault him for hiring Diaco, if HCBD flames out. On paper he looked like a great hire and may yet turn out to be just that.

Playing Devil's Advocate here and getting slightly OT: isn't Warde's job to read beyond just "on paper" and to discern whether that previous experience for that particular person is likely to translate to head coaching success? Any of us could compare football coaching resumes and determine which one is more impressive.

Reaction Score
Well will BC ever vouch for us after we sued them?

Right. Ignore the fact that BC made clear that they didn't want us in the ACC because we were competing in their market, and has had reported that they were just scared of competing with us. Instead, just parrot the line that they use to make themselves look less like chickens and allows you to blame someone.

Reaction Score
Oh really? So Warde and Susan are going to be at UConn for life?

If Michigan came calling for Warde or Duke for Susan, they'd hang up?

What a joke. They are working their best to improve UConn for UConn's benefit to the extent it helps their resume. Its all you can ask of them too.

But am I more invested in UConn as a lifelong fan, alum and former CT resident than Warde who's been here a few years? You better gd dam believe I am.

I wish I had eyes and belongingness as YOU. ASTOUNDING! You leave nothing behind that one can come after, do you. Mr UCONN- all decked out in his(/her) uniform. Let us hope you are the last remaining one- wouldn't want to start clearing the bush to find, to my dismay, a nest of hibernating little ones.
For me, things did not go as I would have liked, but I cannot see how it could have been different. And it would give me the greatest of pleasure if people would stop thinking that the President and AD can will us out of the AAC (since it is so below US?). If there is a list somewhere I seriously doubt we are even in the top third. Maybe with a different formula then the one currently used we may move to a P5, one day. As for the team, let me remind you guys that we have players who were starting and who were still learning the game of bb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom